PDA

View Full Version : My BCM 14.5" Middy Build

GUNSLINGER733
07-12-12, 16:39
Here's my new BCM with BFH 14.5" Barrel Mid length Gas System.

Specs: Upper

BCM Upper
BCM 14.5" BFH Barrel and Upper
BCM gunslinger Charging Handle(Med. Latch)
Mid Length Gas System
Daniel Defense 12" Lite Rail
LMT Full Auto Bolt Carrier Group
PWS Muzzle Break
Low Profile Gas Block
Magpul RVG Grip
Troy Ind. Battle Sights

Specs: Lower
Spikes Tactical Lower Receiver
BCM Gunslinger Grip
Magpul Moe Stock
Vltor Buffer Tube
BCM H2 Buffer
Mil Spec Trigger
Magpul Pmags

Optics:
Troy Battle Sights
Eotech 511 on order
http://i1125.photobucket.com/albums/l591/grappler4x4/695c6521.jpg

http://i1125.photobucket.com/albums/l591/grappler4x4/969f94e3.jpg

http://i1125.photobucket.com/albums/l591/grappler4x4/30ec15c2.jpg

SteadyUp
07-12-12, 19:08
How about telling us why you picked the specific parts you did, and how they pertain to your intended use for the gun?

GUNSLINGER733
07-12-12, 20:54
Well went with spike lower because i like the look, finish and quality from spikes tactical. The trigger is standard mil spec. Didn't need a match trigger. The BCM parts I went with we're for ergonomics and the mod 4 charging handle is a must in my book. As far as the upper I went with the 14.5" middy package from BCM. I really wanted their barrel. I didn't intend on using the DD 12" lite rail but It was goin to take too long to receive a 14.5" forged barrel so I just purchased the complete upper from them. I'm glad I did though. The fit is awesome with the DD LITE rail. I like how clean it mates too the bcm upper. I plan on using the same setup with a dd mk18(ris II) rail on my upcoming build. As far a the furniture I like the moe stock and price wasn't too bad. The vertical grip I bought just to use on this until I get a tango down stubby and it was only $20. The buis had to be Troy because they are proven to be well built and were almost perfect out of the box as far as being zero.

bigb4015
07-13-12, 15:14
Sweet build.. I want to build something similar with a centurion rail and a battlecomp break.

AZ-Renegade
07-13-12, 15:42
You may find the H2 buffer a little much for a 14.5 middy.

It will run but in my experience, your carbine may start to short stroke sooner using the H2 as it becomes fouled and or dry.

I had it happen to me at a low light course after less than 500 rounds on a BCM upper with the H2.

Most folks here with the 14.5 mid lengths swear by the H buffer.

GUNSLINGER733
07-13-12, 15:53
thanks for input. It shoots awesome so far. I'm in the process of getting parts together for a new build with a dd RIS II so I'll probably use this buffer in it

223to45
07-13-12, 16:42
Your upper is almost exactly what I should have in the mail real soon.

GUNSLINGER733
07-13-12, 18:01
I really like it. I'm trying to get a dd ris II rail right now. The only thing I don't like about my lite rail is the lower rail hangs down a good bit. So I'll probably use it on my sbr build if all that falls into place

badness
07-13-12, 18:39
nice. it's good to see people still going with the fsc556. I too, went with an fsc556 build myself. With the huge popularity of the battlecomp, i spent over a year researching muzzle devices and reading peoples opinions, trying to look past fanboyism etc. Too bad i haven't finished my build yet.

Overall nice upper with a decent lower.

BufordTJustice
07-13-12, 19:02
Yeah. The FSC556 is my favorite. I don't think out gets the respect it deserves. WAY less flash than a battle comp and slightly less than an A2.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Epic 4G Touch

GUNSLINGER733
07-13-12, 22:48
Well it definitely keeps the muzzle down and on target. Double taps are right on each other and it looks bad ass bthe only bad thing is the loudness. Lol I really like my upper and lower setup. It's getting a ctr stock and a geissele super Dynamic trigger here soon and putting these parts on another build. Hopefully a sbr if I can get my stamp here shortly

GUNSLINGER733
07-14-12, 19:30
Well I've found a black RIS II 12" DD Rail so I'm probably ordering it and either selling my 3 week old lite rail or using it on something else. Let me know if any interest.