PDA

View Full Version : Are You Too Stupid for Concealed Carry?

ptmccain
07-12-12, 16:54
I really enjoy "The Truth About Guns" web site, they even post articles by me from time to time.

G34
07-12-12, 17:18
I really enjoy "The Truth About Guns" web site, they even post articles by me from time to time.

Good article, even better because it was written by someone who shares a last name with Stupidest CCWer of the Year 2012.

Zhurdan
07-12-12, 17:28
Good article, even better because it was written by someone who shares a last name with Stupidest CCWer of the Year 2012.

Faux Pas much? :D

Looks like the article was POSTED by someone named Zimmerman, written by the OP of the thread.

G34
07-12-12, 17:38
Faux Pas much? :D

Looks like the article was POSTED by someone named Zimmerman, written by the OP of the thread.

He wrote a good article, I just thought it was a funny coincidence, I've read more than one of Zimmerman's articles on TTAG. The first time I had to do a double take and compare the full name!

ptmccain
07-12-12, 17:47
Actually, if you look, it was posted by Dan Zimmerman, written by yours truly.

: )

Paul McCain
Saint Louis, Missouri

G34
07-12-12, 17:51
Actually, if you look, it was posted by Dan Zimmerman, written by yours truly.

I figured as much but I hope you didn't take offense, I was just expressing my amusement at the coincidence - not implying you're a certain different Zimmerman in Florida!

Zhurdan
07-12-12, 17:53
He wrote a good article, I just thought it was a funny coincidence, I've read more than one of Zimmerman's articles on TTAG. The first time I had to do a double take and compare the full name!

Just razzin' bud. I did the same thing when I read it. :D

BTW, it was a good article McCain

G34
07-12-12, 17:57
Speaking of that other Zimmerman, this is in your article.

"You never go looking for trouble."

+1

Getting into a gunfight somewhat by design isn't good form ethically or legally. Standards governing what is acceptable use of force by private citizens is different than cops. A lot of people seem to think because they have a CCW they can behave and utilize their weapons in a similar manner to police.

ptmccain
07-12-12, 18:04
Mr. Zimmerman is a great guy, at least the TTAG guy.

The other one? The jury's still out, or about to be.

:D

warpigM-4
07-12-12, 18:48
I have been carrying CCW for about 23 years and most People do not Know I am carrying. I have never Pulled it out and said "hey look at my Gat" even when i have been around folks that do :rolleyes:

ptmccain
07-12-12, 19:04
I have been carrying CCW for about 23 years and most People do not Know I am carrying. I have never Pulled it out and said "hey look at my Gat" even when i have been around folks that do :rolleyes:

A wise man. A very wise man.

Unholster only if you are putting in the safe, or pulling it out to stop a threat.

NEVER to show somebody what you are carrying.

If they don't like that, sorry, too bad.

warpigM-4
07-12-12, 19:22
A wise man. A very wise man.

Unholster only if you are putting in the safe, or pulling it out to stop a threat.

NEVER to show somebody what you are carrying.

If they don't like that, sorry, too bad.

Right !! I have had a few friends that have seen My HK and told people i don't know "hey man show him your HK it is Bad ass "
1 I don't know this person
2 I always say I don't have it on me , But it is close enough ;)
after that i change the subject I then Pull my friends to the side and ask they not to do that .and I hear them say "But they're Cool":blink: I don't Care I carry for protection Not to impress

ptmccain
07-12-12, 19:33
This is precisely why one should never drink while carrying or drink around people who are carrying.

:nono::nono::nono::nono:

NavyDavy55
07-13-12, 05:57
If the gun comes out of its holster, you must already have decided to kill somebody. Period. There is no middle ground.

May I suggest, if the gun comes out of the holster you have the option to return it to the holster if the threat ceases. And you should not decide to kill someone but to stop a threat.

NCPatrolAR
07-13-12, 06:20
PT

Since you wrote the article, how about posting it here so people dont have to go offsite to read it and take part in the thread?

1oldgrunt
07-13-12, 08:37
If the gun comes out of its holster, you must already have decided to kill somebody. Period. There is no middle ground.

I whole heartedly agree with this..... to clarify my position...... too many don't think things thru .....they think if they just pull their gun the threat will cease....IF you have not already decided that this person needs to be killed AND you are willing to kill them....DO NOT pull your weapon. If you have not decided that you will pull the trigger you add to the problem not resolve it. Many career criminals can sense you won't shoot.... now what do you do other than hope they don't take it from you!?

With more than 40 years in both LE capacity, mil backround, and just plain carrying for 35+ years I LIKED the article.

One thing I would have added is the financial burden imposed if you use that weapon! Figure 10 grand retainer for a good lawyer, that's if you're in the right, anything not 100% righteous and figure tens of thousands in perhaps criminal and civil liabilities. I know this depends on your home state but know what's coming if you do use it.

If you carry.... get a rider for a million dollars personal liability on your homeoeowners or renters policy, costs about $150 a year and well worth it.

STAFF
07-13-12, 08:44
PT

Since you wrote the article, how about posting it here so people dont have to go offsite to read it and take part in the thread?

Right. Sending people to another forum to read something your wrote and can post on this forum isn't going to fly.