PDA

View Full Version : Missed opportunity?

RIGPIG
07-12-12, 20:40
Hey all. I have been pricing different options for a 300 blackout build I would like to start on. I had a price on building a lower the way I wanted it with spikes parts mostly because of a supplier 20 miles away that usually has st parts in stock. However, I was at a different gun shop this evening and he had 2 complete LMT lowers, one with a M4 collapsible and 2 stage trigger for $415 and the other with the sopmod stock and 2 stage trigger for $565. I thought the sopmod felt cheap when compared to say a magpul acs, so that was out. I guess what I'm asking is $415 too much for the first option mentioned? I'd rather buy a stripped lower, but they are proving hard to come by. Thanks in advance

doubletap2211
07-12-12, 20:52
If you are wanting a stripped lower and have a hard time finding them check on gunbroker. They have a ton of stripped lowers on there.

SomeOtherGuy
07-12-12, 21:18
Based on your location, call up JoeBob up in Hays, they have a range of lowers in stock (per their website) and apparently have a retail store and do local transfers:

http://www.joeboboutfitters.com/aboutus.asp

The prices you quote on LMT lowers are in the ballpark but if you'd rather build a stripped lower, go that route. I've bought from JoeBob's by mail order a few times and have had excellent service.

RIGPIG
07-12-12, 21:27
Joe Bob's is the spikes dealer i spoke of, I stop by weekly and lately it's been rra completes, lar, and new frontier, no thanks. He does get in boxes of st lowers but I always miss out

VIP3R 237
07-12-12, 21:43
LMT is top notch quality, i've owned several of their Rifles and Lowers. The Lower you mention with the 2-stage is a decent price, and LMT has improved their 2-stage this year and honestly it looks very Geissele-ish. The sopmod is an excellent stock, while i feel a little over priced, its GTG.

badness
07-12-12, 21:58
Hey all. I have been pricing different options for a 300 blackout build I would like to start on. I had a price on building a lower the way I wanted it with spikes parts mostly because of a supplier 20 miles away that usually has st parts in stock. However, I was at a different gun shop this evening and he had 2 complete LMT lowers, one with a M4 collapsible and 2 stage trigger for $415 and the other with the sopmod stock and 2 stage trigger for $565. I thought the sopmod felt cheap when compared to say a magpul acs, so that was out. I guess what I'm asking is $415 too much for the first option mentioned? I'd rather buy a stripped lower, but they are proving hard to come by. Thanks in advance

an LMT complete lower with 2 stage trigger for 415 sounds good to me.....my local dealer charges 450 with a single stage trigger.

chadbag
07-13-12, 01:32
lar,<>, no thanks.

You mean LAR stripped lowers? Or assembled lowers using LAR lowers?

I've not used an LAR lower but have heard nothing bad about them.

I'd use one if I needed something and that's what's available.

LAR happen to be local to me but that does not influence me. I have not been by their place since 1994 and they don't have a retail store anyway. LAR is an OEM for a lot of "makers" out there AFAIK.

-

RIGPIG
07-13-12, 07:50
Yes, the LARs are stripped, I just don't like the Teflon coating they have, wouldn't match the finish of any upper I've seen, though I have been thinking about having the build coated ( I'll have to research which is best) in FDE, or at least the receivers. The rest of the 300 blackout will be either a BCM or L/W 16" barrel with JP compensator BCM upper, Spikes BCG, ALG FCG, magpul acs stock, and I haven't made a concrete decision on a hand guard, maybe yhm tj 15". I will be sbr-ing this rifle and suppressing it, so I need a hand guard to cover it all. I will compete with this rifle is why I'm installing a 16" barrel first.

RIGPIG
07-13-12, 11:56
Well, went into JoeBob's in Hays and ended up with an LAR Grizzly stripped lower, FDE hogue grip, FDE magpul acs, promag vise block kit, and spikes standard lpk. I wanted the nickel boron enhanced kits but they were out. Also wanted spikes receiver extension set, but all they had was utg.