PDA

View Full Version : AR PARTS AT COLT WEBSITE ??

sr71plane
07-13-12, 18:50
Is it just me or can anyone find where AR parts are listed at Colts web site anymore ? When you click on parts, every model of gun that they currently make is there except AR's.

Are they no longer there ?

hill
07-13-12, 19:11
Pretty much my experience...the most consistant source I have found is Specialized Armament...a bit pricey...and occasionally G&R has some outstanding deals on Colt parts :blink:

C4IGrant
07-13-12, 19:20
I believe that Colt has stopped selling parts via their website.

C4

sr71plane
07-13-12, 19:34
They still show parts for all their other guns for sale. Any idea why they would stop selling just the AR parts ?

Of course nothing that Colt would do in regards to AR's would surprises me anymore.

QuackXP
07-13-12, 21:40
I believe that Colt has stopped selling parts via their website.

C4

Can you get them VIA phone order or through dealers on special order?

everyusernametaken
07-13-12, 22:06
Brownell's is a Colt dealer. They have the factory part diagrams on their site. Not the best prices, and they seem to be out of stock on the common parts more often than not.

High Tower
07-14-12, 07:46
Several high end ar makers have stopped selling parts due to the higher demand on complete rifles.

C4IGrant
07-14-12, 08:20
Can you get them VIA phone order or through dealers on special order?

I don't think so.

C4

3 AE
07-14-12, 09:10
When Colt was selling parts for their ARs, it wasn't much of a selection. IIRC, there was only the bolt, bolt carrier group, charging handle, and the 6920/6940 complete upper receiver groups. Specialized Armament, G&R Tactical, and BCM has been my source for parts for my Colt and BCM carbines and have nothing but good things to say about them.