PDA

View Full Version : Magpul MOE handguar, one question?

kisskaren
07-15-12, 13:41
Love my standard M4 hand guard (Cavalry C6 with single heat shield), but recently I really want to try magpul hand guards, they are good looking, solid lock, and love the small handstop.

But I had found that the Moe hand guards heat shield had been rubbing on my barrel, I did install them correctly.

I know this is non FF, but do you guys think the touching will affect acruracy?

AMMOTECH
07-15-12, 13:58
No it will not hurt your accuracy.

duece71
07-15-12, 16:45
Love my standard M4 hand guard (Cavalry C6 with single heat shield), but recently I really want to try magpul hand guards, they are good looking, solid lock, and love the small handstop.

But I had found that the Moe hand guards heat shield had been rubbing on my barrel, I did install them correctly.
I know this is non FF, but do you guys think the touching will affect acruracy?

Hmmm, heat shield rubbing on barrel doesn't sound right.

3 AE
07-15-12, 18:33
The heat shields bend toward each other at the top as you have noticed. They rub the barrel when you start to install them. Once they clear the barrel when you snap them into place, they're not touching the barrel anymore. Don't worry, be happy.

Celticmarksman
07-16-12, 11:18
The heat shields bend toward each other at the top as you have noticed. They rub the barrel when you start to install them. Once they clear the barrel when you snap them into place, they're not touching the barrel anymore. Don't worry, be happy.

This is probably the issue, but if it isn't how do you know that the heat shields are rubbing the barrel? What profile barrel is it?

Split66
07-16-12, 11:30
This is probably the issue, but if it isn't how do you know that the heat shields are rubbing the barrel? What profile barrel is it?

The MOE heat shields leave visible marks on the barrel. Its normal upon installation as stated above. When they are together they clear. You can easily wipe the marks off if you are anal about it.

Warg
07-16-12, 11:57

This should be the case unless the heat shield is bent and/or you have a very large BBL contour under the HG. Even if it is rubbing, do you honestly think the force of that thin gauge heat sheild is going to have an appreciable effect on barrel accuracy compared to the force generated by the MOE wedged between the delta ring assy and HG cap (even this is much less than many speculate)?

kisskaren
07-16-12, 15:19

I am really stupid. Got it, thank you!

3 AE
07-16-12, 20:56

Just install the bottom half of the handguard and check. You'll know right then and there if the heatshield clears or not.