PDA

View Full Version : Eezox

cmichael
07-15-12, 19:22
New to AR, just got my first AR DDM4V5, have around 180 round to it, try to get around 500 round count for breaking in and clean and lube, Do anyone here try Eezox?

Thanks..

Sgt_Gold
07-15-12, 20:23
If it's the Eezox I'm thinking about it's a synthetic a metal conditioner and cleaning solution. It's very thin and it doesn't stay in place like heavier products like Break Free or Frog Lube. Eezox has excellent long term storage and rust prevention qualities,and AFAIK has no compatibility issues with other lubrication products.

I've been using it on a few pistols and it appears to do what it says. The carrier elements evaporate leaving the synthetic lube on the metal. The gun is dry to the touch, but there is a layer of lubrication on the matel surfaces. I've only shot a few hundred rounds through my stainless Sig P220, but it does wipe down and clean up easier than Break Free alone. I haven't tried on an AR yet, but there is no reason why it wouldn't work.

I've used Eezox as a cleaning solution and it does an excellent job of removing powder fouling and other residue. As I said earlier, it flows like water so it's not a good choice for someone who likes a heavy lube on a firearm, but it does everything it says it does.

SomeOtherGuy
07-15-12, 23:41
I've used it on several guns but not an AR. All the info below mirrors my experience. It leaves a really nice, slick, and rust-preventive coating on blued steel. It's also the only lube I've found that dries completely and still leaves the surface slicker than it was before application. To get that result you must wipe off most of it before it dries, if you let a heavy coating dry it stays as a sort of greasy sludge.

Eezox is relatively toxic, one of the last remaining products using TCE. It's also quite effective but you can get equal effectiveness from other, newer products that are nontoxic or at least much less toxic. Because of that, I use Boeshield T-9 when I need a dedicated preservative, and either SLIP2000 or Froglube as a lube, both of which work great.

If it's the Eezox I'm thinking about it's a synthetic a metal conditioner and cleaning solution. It's very thin and it doesn't stay in place like heavier products like Break Free or Frog Lube. Eezox has excellent long term storage and rust prevention qualities,and AFAIK has no compatibility issues with other lubrication products.

I've been using it on a few pistols and it appears to do what it says. The carrier elements evaporate leaving the synthetic lube on the metal. The gun is dry to the touch, but there is a layer of lubrication on the matel surfaces. I've only shot a few hundred rounds through my stainless Sig P220, but it does wipe down and clean up easier than Break Free alone. I haven't tried on an AR yet, but there is no reason why it wouldn't work.

I've used Eezox as a cleaning solution and it does an excellent job of removing powder fouling and other residue. As I said earlier, it flows like water so it's not a good choice for someone who likes a heavy lube on a firearm, but it does everything it says it does.

JSantoro
07-16-12, 07:37
Grey Search button, keyword "eezox," limeted to only the AR/M4 subforums: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php?searchid=4558408