PDA

View Full Version : rear sight that'll work with 6920 front stocker?

filthy phil
07-16-12, 18:01
trading off my carry handle and need a rear sight. can be flip or fixed. not looking at getting a scope for a few months so that's not a consideration.
thanks

ps: anyone got a deal on a used one lmk, i get paid friday i can send off a postal mo. no paypal

VIP3R 237
07-16-12, 18:10
LMT, Daniel Defense, or Troy all make outstanding fixed rear sights.

If you want a folding buis then the KAC micro is hands down the best IMO, but the Troy and the Magpul are good options also.

JSGlock34
07-16-12, 18:18
The above recommendations are spot on. I'd only add that the MBUS performed surprisingly well in the recent drop tests on KitUp (http://kitup.military.com/2012/07/back-up-iron-sight-drop-test.html).

E-man930
07-16-12, 18:21
Check out this one if you are a fan of the carry handle...

http://shop.hahn-precision.com//BUIS-Rear-ASAB0506.htm

Pm'd you as well.

Split66
07-16-12, 18:35
All the above are great suggestions. I'll throw the military issue Matech buis in the mix. I really like mine, people seem to love them or hate them. The LMT would be a great choice if you arent going the optic route for a bit...........

filthy phil
07-16-12, 19:04
LMT, Daniel Defense, or Troy all make outstanding fixed rear sights.

If you want a folding buis then the KAC micro is hands down the best IMO, but the Troy and the Magpul are good options also.

good to know all those will work with the stock triangle front sight.

and i did see the drop test. at $65 the magpul looks like a hella deal.
definately want durable. like the idea of the protective ears vs a lone aperature

QuackXP
07-16-12, 19:16
I to was going to stick with the irons for a while before getting an optic. This was my first center fire rifle and I wanted to learn how to use them so I did not become dependent on an optic.

But I knew I was going to get an optic eventually. After shooting some other optic mounted AR's and being able to handle virtually every manufacture of AR and optic at the NRA convention I made the decision to go with a fixed rear and a 1/3 co-witness when I got an optic.

After some more research I decided on the LMT. I would have just stuck with the Colt carry handle until I got the optic, but I got a good deal on what was basically a brand new LMT sight on M4C. So that is what sits on the rifle now.

Failure2Stop
07-16-12, 19:49
You can simply cut down your carry handle for a simple, free solution.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

badness
07-16-12, 20:05
shouldn't you be thinking about what rear sight will work best with the optic you're "going to get"??? Which means it SHOULD be a consideration.

For example, if i was planning on getting a 1-4x variable power scope, i wouldn't be buying an lmt or dd fixed rear...

filthy phil
07-17-12, 05:12
shouldn't you be thinking about what rear sight will work best with the optic you're "going to get"??? Which means it SHOULD be a consideration.

For example, if i was planning on getting a 1-4x variable power scope, i wouldn't be buying an lmt or dd fixed rear...

no i just want low cost now. got an ak on layaway. then i need 1k rounds for each gun. maybe then look at an optic.
i figure i can resell anything that wont work

but if i got a magpul mbuis that would work with most optics wouldn't it?
also is the magpull push button popup, like on the s&w? that's pretty trick

SteveL
07-17-12, 07:49
Yes, the Magpul is spring loaded. You push the front part down and the rear flips up.

Failure2Stop
07-17-12, 08:06

It does not work with many of the low powered optics (it's taller when folded than the commonly used BUISs, which interfered with the objective bell in standard mounting heights), but will be fine for the Aimpoint/EoTech.

badness
07-17-12, 13:38
no i just want low cost now. got an ak on layaway. then i need 1k rounds for each gun. maybe then look at an optic.
i figure i can resell anything that wont work

also is the magpull push button popup, like on the s&w? that's pretty trick

the mbus would work with most if not all optics, but if you were to use a scope, you'd have to use an unusually high mount or a riser to clear the mbus.

If that's your mentality, you might as well just 1) go with a DD fixed rear, that way if you decide to go red dot you're good to go already...or 2) keep the damn carry handle since you can't afford an optic and save up to buy whatever buis works with whatever optic you buy when you have the money. It doesn't really make much sense to me to trade off your carry handle to get a buis that may or may not work with the optic that you buy.

filthy phil
07-17-12, 19:47
the mbus would work with most if not all optics, but if you were to use a scope, you'd have to use an unusually high mount or a riser to clear the mbus.

If that's your mentality, you might as well just 1) go with a DD fixed rear, that way if you decide to go red dot you're good to go already...or 2) keep the damn carry handle since you can't afford an optic and save up to buy whatever buis works with whatever optic you buy when you have the money. It doesn't really make much sense to me to trade off your carry handle to get a buis that may or may not work with the optic that you buy.

carry handle is as good as gone. just need a sight that'll at least hold me over a while, and if i need to sell it later i won't be out much.
we've been having a lotta rainouts at work so moneys a bit tight, and the ak layaway is taking a good portion of my checks.
sounds like the magpul is the way to go. i can swing $60

thanks

J_B
07-17-12, 19:53
Ran a MBUS but now running a DD A1.5 on my LE6920.

CobraBG
07-17-12, 20:15
I've been happy with my Troy folding rear sight. When folded it is very low profile. It does cost more than the Magpul though.