PDA

View Full Version : Which bcg should I send in to be nickel boron coated? My DD or my BCM?

Honorthecall81
07-17-12, 09:55
Ok guys.. I have the money right now to send in only
one bcg to have nickel boron coated. Which one should
it be? The DD or the BCM? They both are top notch, and
I just need some thinking out of the box why I should
send in one and not the other.. talk to me guys..

40Arpent
07-17-12, 10:12
There is no "out of the box" thinking on this one; it doesn't matter at all which one you have coated.

royal
07-17-12, 10:21
Neither... you should send the money you're wasting to me instead.

DeltaSierra
07-17-12, 10:33
OK, of what direct benefit will this coating be to you?

Oh, since there is no quantifiable benefit, might as well send in...neither one...

krisjon
07-17-12, 11:14
If you're actually going to do this (kind of a waste IMO), be careful sending out a BCG to be coated by someone not used to doing BCGs.

It's obviously a tolerance influenced part, so it's not like you're coating just anything.

Your actual BCG choice makes no difference. They're both good.

skatz11
07-17-12, 11:32
I have two BCG's that are coated with ion bond DLC. Its only a few microns in thickness so no tolerance issues. Also carbon doesn't build up on it.

Most here will say coating on the BCG are a waste. But I have had good results with the ion bond coating.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

ErikS
07-17-12, 11:48
Neither. You don't want to risk the warranties.

krisjon
07-17-12, 11:56
Neither. You don't want to risk the warranties.

Good point. Anything customer done/subcontracted (as opposed to factory) will put your warranties in question. If you're hell-bent on the coating, then get a complete BCG from someone (FailZero, etc) that's already coated. And even with this, DD or BCM could still choose not to honor part of their warranty if the coated BCG causes any related function problems.

The big question is: Is all this really worth it for slightly easier cleaning?

It's your choice, but you're going to hear this sentiment echoed again and again.

Proteinshake
07-17-12, 14:02
I don't have any experience cleaning nickel boron coated bcg's, but can tell you that generously applying a reputable company lube or motor oil to the bcg makes cleaning a breeze. I would say leave both of the bcg's the way they are and just shoot them.

polymorpheous
07-17-12, 14:13
How many threads do you need to start on this topic?
Why couldn't you have just updated your existing thread?

fallenromeo
07-17-12, 15:41
Why do you want to do this to a high quality BCG to begin with?

Voodoochild
07-17-12, 17:04
Why are you starting another post about the same thing?