PDA

View Full Version : 71 year old Concealed Carrier Thwarts Internet Cafe Robbery

Cincinnatus
07-17-12, 13:43
http://www.1025wloq.com/cc-common/news/sections/newsarticle.html?article=10274144&feed=104668
Too bad it wasn't a larger caliber he was using, then the two perps wouldn't be around to clog up the justice system. But watching them fall all over themselves trying to run is nothing but win.

Moltke
07-17-12, 14:06
Nice. Good to see it on camera.

07-17-12, 14:49
+1 for the good guys.

FromMyColdDeadHand
07-17-12, 15:22
I have no problem shooting an armed assailant in the back during an attack like this- you leave you 6 open, doom on you. I don't have much of an issue when they are retreating, but still inside the store- not so sure about the shot outside the store? Glad the DA isn't a prick.

Redmanfms
07-17-12, 17:18
Did he score any hits? His engagement range was quite short. He did seem to have a pretty good conception of what he was doing as he advanced past the citizen to his right before opening fire, maintaining a solid wall as a backdrop until he was firing out the door at the fleeing baddies.

Moose-Knuckle
07-17-12, 17:39
The old guy is lucky that it was amateur night. Had those oxygen thieves been seasoned thugs it would have been a different story. He had to of fired all his rounds in that little .380. Did he have a spare mag or two? Had those guys regrouped or even countered it could have went sideways fast for the old guy.

With that said, I'm glad he was there and he had the balls to do something. Good on him! :cool:

Sensei
07-17-12, 18:21
Angela Corey's office announced today that she will likely file attempted murder charges against Mr. Williams after learning that his 2 victims were black...

usmcvet
07-17-12, 18:46
The old guy is lucky that it was amateur night. Had those oxygen thieves been seasoned thugs it would have been a different story. He had to of fired all his rounds in that little .380. Did he have a spare mag or two? Had those guys regrouped or even countered it could have went sideways fast for the old guy.

With that said, I'm glad he was there and he had the balls to do something. Good on him! :cool:
Like most cowards the ran when someone with balls stood up to them.

feedramp
07-17-12, 21:10
There's another aspect of this that is telling about our society: It was left up to a senior to do something because few younger folks have the balls these days to take action like him.

ETA: Sure, in part it's because of societal conditioning, but it's also understandable because of sh*tburgers like Corey who would string you up and ruin your life for defending yourself and others. At least this fellow is too old to care. He doesn't take crap off anybody. Good for him.

And .380 is dinky but hell, at least he chose a caliber he was capable of hitting his targets with.

usmcvet
07-18-12, 05:39
There's another aspect of this that is telling about our society: It was left up to a senior to do something because few younger folks have the balls these days to take action like him.

ETA: Sure, in part it's because of societal conditioning, but it's also understandable because of sh*tburgers like Corey who would string you up and ruin your life for defending yourself and others. At least this fellow is too old to care. He doesn't take crap off anybody. Good for him.

And .380 is dinky but hell, at least he chose a caliber he was capable of hitting his targets with.

He was probably the only person with a gun too. Unless it were my children I was defending I would be pretty reluctant to fight two armed men w/o a weapon.

Sensei
07-18-12, 10:25
...I don't have much of an issue when they are retreating, but still inside the store- not so sure about the shot outside the store? Glad the DA isn't a prick.

Neither do I. However, it does look like the DA gave him a couple of "freebies" when it comes to the shots fired out the door...

Cincinnatus
07-18-12, 13:02
Neither do I. However, it does look like the DA gave him a couple of "freebies" when it comes to the shots fired out the door...

It probably helps this particular factor that neither punk was killed. If they had been killed, the shots out the door might be more of a factor.

glocktogo
07-18-12, 13:14
Angela Corey's office announced today that she will likely file attempted murder charges against Mr. Williams after learning that his 2 victims were black...

Surely they were just there for some skittles? :D