PDA

View Full Version : BCM LW 14.5 Mid - Fixed Front Sight?

Nate5452
07-17-12, 21:57
Just wanted to find out if the following BCM has a fixed front sight or not. There are no pictures and I read through the description and found no information one way or another. Maybe I missed it. I do want a LW BFH without a Fixed Front Sight, but I think this may be a tall order. I may just order the BCM 14.5 with DD Lite Rails

Thanks for the help.

Product Code: BCM-URG-MID-14LW-BFH

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-BFH-14-5-Mid-Length-LW-Upper-Receiver-Group-p/bcm-urg-mid-14lw-bfh.htm

samuse
07-17-12, 22:18
The link is for a complete upper minus handguards. It has a front sight.

I'd try a DD Lite rail before you bought it. The bottom rail hangs down as far as the top rail sticks up (to meet the upper's rail) and I really dislike the shape of it and how it feels in my hand (and I ain't real sensitive to that sort of thing).

I really like the RIS II and LaRue rails. Nice and slim with the bottom rail tucked up closer to the barrel.

Nate5452
07-17-12, 22:29
Thanks samuse for the insight, I was looking around at different rails and I just saw the new noveske rails and I just may have found a new love.

Nate

samuse
07-18-12, 22:41
There has definitely been some some very nice stuff emerge lately.

The Daniel Defense MFR looks like a good one too. It's the one that catches my eye the most. I think it's very aesthetically pleasing and with a sling mount down by the receiver at 9:00, it'll do everything I need a handguard to do.

I gotta resist the temptation though, I only have about 7K rounds through my current AR, so it's gonna have to keep shootin' for a couple or three more years...