PDA

View Full Version : Sig SRT Trigger durability ?

og556
07-18-12, 16:16
I am curious if any of you have any sort of extensive experience with the Sig SRT trigger in the P series pistols ?

I want to know how they hold up over time. I plan on carrying my P226 after having sig install this and just want to know what your feedback is after using it for a while.

I would like to explain my reasoning behind sending the pistol to Sig for an SRT trigger and AEP instead of going with Gray Guns.

If I need to send the pistol in over the years to have springs and other maintenance I don't trust myself to do I want to make sure that I can turn to Sig as a one stop shop. I know their reputation isn't the greatest but any time I needed something done to a Sig they always take care of me.

For my next Sig which will probably be a stainless one I won't carry I'm definitely sending it to Bruce to do his magic.

Rowland_P
07-18-12, 17:51
The SRT "holds up" as well as the standard trigger. It's a worthy upgrade. As well respected as Grayguns is, I'd send it to Sig, too, for the upgrade if you need to maintain the integrity of the warranty.

P Schütze
07-18-12, 18:25
Assuming Gray Guns employs Sig factory certified armorers, then having one of them put in your SRT will not void your warranty.

Rowland_P
07-18-12, 18:43
Certainly, if that's the case.

og556
07-18-12, 18:48
I didn't even consider that option. Its a little late now. To be honest the DA trigger pull on this new German Sig was really nice out of the box. The only thing that was lacking was the SA reset.

I also ordered 2k rounds of 9mm so I will shoot the snot out of it when I get it back.

seabass
07-18-12, 22:50
I have and use the SRT in all my Sigs. Never had a problem with them.

On a side note, I find the E2 grip, SRT and standard full size trigger the best combo on a Sig.:D

Vgex2
07-18-12, 23:25
I have one in my P6. I like it a lot.

og556
07-19-12, 06:43
This P226R has an e2 grip but is a German triple serial number gun with stainless slide. Kind of weird. It also has the standard trigger.

The e2 grip helps me keep a high and tight grip.

beschatten
07-19-12, 22:29
The SRT is one of the few services on the Sigs thats not what I would consider over-priced. It's a great improvement although out-of-box I find Sig's great as well.