PDA

View Full Version : 16" Middy build

majorleaguekennels
07-18-12, 21:37
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7125/7600886288_df1f8506bc_z.jpg
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8423/7600886532_5ce519a505_b.jpg
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8432/7600886756_b9d5c170f1_b.jpg
Just finished building the rifle today with the aim point T1. This is my idea of a kick ass home defense weapon. The only thing left to do is pick out a surefire light to put on it. So the parts list.
(UPPER)
Aim Point T1 on a American Defense tall mount
BCM standard 16" Mid-Length upper
BCM BCG
BCM gunfighter charging handle mod 3
Magpul MOE handguard (I used RIT die to die it black it was FDE)
Troy Di Optic rear BUIS (Not sure how i feel about the diamond peep so far, the verdict is still out)
Magpul MSA MOE sling attachment point for the MOE handguard (for when I am ready to run the sling in 2pt)

(LOWER)
Aero Precision lower (Locks up nice and tight with the BCM upper, 0 slop)
CMMG LPK (my good friend is running one of these in his rifle. I liked the snappy reset and very little creep of his trigger so i gave them a shot, so far I am happy with it)
Magpul MOE+ grip ( I dont think i would willingly ever run any other kind of grip, i love them)
Troy OEM BattleSling receiver plate(only complaint with this is when i tightened the castlnut all the way down it only leaves me on spot to stake the nut properly, which should be enough.)
Magpul MOE buttstock (meets all my needs)
Magpul MS3 QD sling (Really like the ability to go from 1pt to a 2pt sling quickly and easily, doesn't seem to cut or dig into me so far, I have had limited time running this sling so far.)
Magpul PMAG's (Everyone knows these kick ass)
Currently running standard carbine buffer, I see at least a H1 in my future.

Here is a small video of the gun burning some rounds yesterday evening, this was pre-T1. please dont judge me lol I laughed pretty hard at my slow stroll across to the secondary cover and couldnt get my pistol back in my IWB holster. It had been a long wet/hot/humid day and I was tired/sloppy. Anyhow so far I am digging this build with approx 300 rounds down range 0 malfunctions or FTF's.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu5eSN0TB3s

lunchbox
07-18-12, 22:12
I think I saw you up at Auburn today, gettn that T1 (I was talkin reloadin with Rich). Nice shooter, love that BCM. Should have known you were on this forum with that good taste.

majorleaguekennels
07-19-12, 08:30
Yeah man that was me, I was doing my best to play interference to keep the wife from seeing the sticker price on that thing. I was like aw check out these cases, or O i like that pack right there. lol

lunchbox
07-19-12, 10:14
Ya, wives just don't understand quality glass. Be sure and post range report.

MFWIC2
07-19-12, 12:21
Nice BCM 16".

Quentin
07-19-12, 15:48
Very nice BCM build! I just did one much like it. Like the Dobie too!

Nick504
07-20-12, 13:04
I like it! This is basically what I had in mind for my next build, but I'm going with a 14.5 inch carbine length BCM upper.

majorleaguekennels
07-20-12, 13:41
Thanks for the comments. I will be running it hot and heavy this week, hopefully Monday. Got to zero in the T1, then were going to setup some drills, I will report back with pics

bussecrazed
07-23-12, 19:05
Looks pretty BA man good build

Dr.Venkman
07-23-12, 22:01
Good choice on the CMMG LPK. I have one in my lower and the trigger has less creep than my other rifle which has a spikes tactical parts kit in it.

majorleaguekennels
07-24-12, 10:47
Thanks again for all the positive comments. I had a chance Sunday evening to get the gun to the range, got the aimpoint zero'd in. approx 2" group at 100yards, not to bad for a 4moa dot shooting from prone in the dirt, at least for me. I am completely happy with the setup, i ordered a spikes st-2 buffer from bcm Saturday and got it yesterday. We are planning to hit the range again this week and i will be sure to take a few pics or maybe some video. After zeroing in the aimpoint in i removed the american defense mount and then replaced it back on the rail, 0 was still 100%. I am really digging the setup.

hossb7
07-30-12, 09:54
Very cool!