PDA

View Full Version : Innovative Arms WAR upper receiver.

Magic_Salad0892
07-19-12, 04:05
Not sure if this belongs in the NFA section, so I thought I'd ask here.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/ar-15-05/upper-parts/upper-receivers/innovative-arms-warfighter-adjustable-receiver.html

Does anybody have experience with this upper receiver, or any information on this company?

Something I found, and wanted to get some info here about.

Suwannee Tim
07-19-12, 05:01
It looks like the lever could collide with an optic mount.

I hate this "Warfighter" lingo associated with it. I ain't a warfighter, never was, never will be. I'd rather not be thought a wannabe having stuff with "warfighter", "operator" and such stenciled all over.

WS6
07-19-12, 05:11
I guess I am kindof a "fanboy" since I own two of them (Noveske's), but I like the adjustable gas-block idea better, as it keeps all the extra junk/fouling in the barrel. The gas entering the tube is not slowed, just the amount reduced. This WAR setup would slow debris-filled gas within the tube.

I don't know if that matters or not, just an observation.

WAR claims about a 2.5dB reduction in sound at the ear. My Noveske does AT LEAST that, as my Surefire -212 with the gas-system set to "Suppressed" is quieter to my ear on "FRP" than follow-up shots are with switching the block to "Unsuppressed".

So, FRP is less difference on a Surefire -212 than correctly metered vs. incorrectly metered ejection port gas/noise.

(My ears were fine all through my shooting, until I flicked the switch "Open" just to see. 1 shot and they rang ever so slightly. Moreso than when my first shot of the day was on "Suppressed" and there was FRP. Sorry, I don't have "real data" to back me up, but shoot it and you can tell!)

I have no doubt that the WAR provides identical sound-reduction. I just would rather the gasses never even enter the gas-tube.

Magic_Salad0892
07-19-12, 06:11
I thought having ''WARFIGHTER'' all over everything looks retarded, but it doesn't matter.

I'm not buying this, I was just wondering if it was a good product, and I didn't see it posted anywhere on here.

I kinda like the idea that this upper will work with any barrel, and any rail though.

wahoo95
07-19-12, 09:14
Innovative Arms makes some good stuff and the folks that I know who have these receivers are happy with them. They seem to deliver on their claims and the big plus is that the adjustment lever can be manipulated with no tools since it doesn't get hot like the Noveske Switchblock.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2