PDA

View Full Version : Having issues with different flashlight mounts

whick1
07-19-12, 07:56
Hey Guys have my DDm4V5 setup te way I want it with exception of flashlight mount. I am running a MBUS front site which seems to be the issue.

I currently have Surefure GX2 in a DD offset flashlight mount which I like. It is very strong and puts the light right at my thumb on the right side of the rifle. The one thing I do not like is it sticks out really far. It looks kinda weird which I don;t really care about but becuase of the mount it has a hard time going into hard or soft cases. and I am not getting the full benefit of the light becuase it sticks out so far.

Yesterday I got a VTAC mount with the hopes of placing the mount at 9 o clock with the light at 10-11 o clock this would make the light easilt accessible and put it inline with the front sight and barrel However once i got it mounted i noticed that the light and MBUS front site interfered with each other making for rough deployment of the sight. I then tried the mount @ 3 o clock with the light @ 4 oclock but it was too hard to manipulate with my thunb plus it got in the way of my vertical grip unless I moved the grip was back toward the receiver which I do not like I prefer the VFG just a couple inches from end of the rail to give me a stable platform.

My ?? are what other inline mounts are there that would not interfere with the MBUS> I would love for the mount to be @ 9 o clock and have the light at 10 o clock. I need a mount that is a little more low profile that the VTAC if possible. My other option is a Streamlight TLR1 which I have been intrigued with. I was wondering for you guys running them on your rails how easy are they to manipulate the on/off switch. Is it ackward and what finger/thumb do you activate it with. I would greatly appreciate any help...Thanks guys.

JSantoro
07-19-12, 09:30
We have tons of "Where/How Do I Mount My Light" threads.

Start with this one, it's pretty comprehensive and includes a "Why I Put It There" component and tons of photos: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=22625

In the future, strongly suggest breaking up your posts sorta like I did for you, instead of typing a single mass. One reason being, you otherwise risk getting no answers because nobody wants to read the kind of mess it was before editing....or somebody will vapor-lock on what a mess it is, and everything descends into chaos from there.