PDA

View Full Version : extractor spring upgrade kit ?

das028
01-23-08, 20:33
Excuse my ignorance fellas. I just bought the extractor spring upgrade kit from bravo company, and I just want to make sure where the O-ring and the black insert are placed on thte BCG?

RD62
01-23-08, 20:53
Black insert goes inside the extractor spring, just like the one it will replace, and the O-ring goes around the spring.

-RD62

toddackerman
01-23-08, 21:38
It's easier to place the spring on your bench, place the buffer inside the spring, and then press down really hard until you hear the spring snap into place. Then take the O ring and slide it down over the spring.

Don;t be surprised if you need pliers to get the extractor assembly back into the bolt by squeezing the extractor in place while inserting the extrator pin.

Also don't be surprised if you have malfunctions of the fail to eject (FTE) variety IF your rifle is a mid length gas system (16" barrel or longer). The upgrade is mainly for carbine length gas systems that have a much higher ejection force.

wlptpd3
01-24-08, 06:21
It all goes together really easy if you have access to a padded vise, put all the pieces in order and clamp the bolt and assembled extractor into the vise. This way you dont have to worry about marking the bolt/extractor and the extractor pin will drop right in. I fought with my first upgrade until my local gunsmith told me he uses his vise all the time when he does them, beleive me it helps.

markm
01-24-08, 08:33
I just use everything but the O ring. I haven't yet warmed up to plumbing supplies in my bolt group yet. :p

BravoCompanyUSA
01-24-08, 09:23
Thank you for the business!

You really will not need the o-ring when using our springs and black buffer inserts. They are more than strong enough without it. We include it in the package because folks want it, but we recommend to save the o-ring for a different bolt with a weaker spring.

Thanks again!
Paul
:D

ThirdWatcher
01-24-08, 16:54
That's good to know, Paul. When I bought my FA BCG from BravoCompanyUSA last year, I figured "if it ain't broken, don't fix it", so I didn't install the O-ring. I replaced the old style Colt SA BCG with the new one (in my new 6520) and it was GTG. (I know some people say to check the headspace, but I ever heard that until after I installed the new BCG.)