PDA

View Full Version : BattleComp Question

Snareman
07-19-12, 23:43
I'm new in this area so please forgive any ignorance...

From what I've understood in the past, the options were a flash hider, which decreased flash. Or, a muzzle break/compensator, which helped keep the tip of the rifle from rising too much, but seems to be super loud for everyone standing around you. Given those 2 choices I was going with the first.

So then I discovered BattleComp. From what I'm understanding they hide the flash and help with muzzle rise, but don't have the big bang that more traditional compensators have and are actually even less noisy/concussive?

Just wanted to make sure I understand this correctly before I looked into ordering one. I figure the BattleComp 1.0

DocGKR
07-20-12, 00:05
The BC is about the best compromise currently available.

Snareman
07-20-12, 00:09
is it a good compromise? Am I improving in both areas? Is it going to be better in both areas than the standard A2 that I have on there now?

WillHines
07-20-12, 00:28
is it a good compromise? Am I improving in both areas? Is it going to be better in both areas than the standard A2 that I have on there now?

Yes, its a good compromise. Its not better than an A2 for flash, but it is better at controlling muzzle rise. Its not as good as a dedicated brake at controlling muzzle rise, but its better at controlling flash.

I don't notice flash when I am shooting outdoors, but at the indoor range, I see sparks sometimes. Its not obnoxiously loud at any time.

Edit: This is with a BC 2.0 and a BC 1.5.

SpyderMan2k4
07-20-12, 00:48
To echo the others, its one of the best compromises out there. Theres definitely flash... more than a birdcage, but not drastically more IME. Figure out whats important to you. My first build had a yhm 5c2 on it. For the money its an outstanding flash hider and actually has some compensating abilities.

My most recent build has a magnified optic that, so i wanted to keep muzzle jump down without the drawbacks of a full blown comp- the battle comp is THE solution for my purposes... maybe yours too, just figure out exactly what you want to get out of the muzzle device

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Surf
07-20-12, 03:09
I suggest doing a search as there is tons of info on the BC on this site.

However in short, the BC does a horrible job with flash compared to a standard A2. On the other hand, it is about the best in controlling flash for a device that is actually a compensator. As far as compensation goes and without getting into the 5.56 doesn't need compensation argument, the BC is far far superior over the A2. As for noise and blast, it is louder than the A2 and is more concussive, but again is probably the least offensive in these regards compared to other comps currently on the market.

JSantoro
07-20-12, 07:52
Keyword "battlecomp," limited to thread titles only, and to the AR/M4 subforums: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php?searchid=4572430