PDA

View Full Version : HK45C might become my favorite pistol.

.45fmjoe
07-21-12, 17:08
About two years ago I bought a LNIB HK45 because I thought they were just the coolest thing since sliced bread. When the pistol arrived, I realized the damn thing was too big in my hands even with the small backstrap. The decocker/safety was uncomfortable because I don't have big enough hands to sit my thumb on top of it and it's right where my thumb wants to rest while shooting. Then I shot it once or twice and because of the grip size, I couldn't press the trigger without rubbing that trough in the trigger guard. That shit is painful. So the HK45 languished in my safe, I wanted so very much to like it but I just couldn't. Between then and now I got a job as a federal LEO and my issued pistol is the HK P2000 LEM in .40S&W. I took the top shooter award in my class and qualified expert with it. Then back at my duty station I earned the marksmanship citation with it. I very much like the pistol and the LEM trigger.

A light bulb went on in my head, the HK45C is almost identical to the P2000. So I sold the full size and ended up buying a barely used German made compact with 4 mags. It arrived Thursday and I took it to the range this morning. This sums up my feelings on the pistol - :D

It fits my hand, my finger doesn't rub the trigger guard and I am just as accurate with the 45C as I am the P2000. Perhaps even a tad bit more accurate. I got stuck on the 15 yard range and at 15 yards all shots were in one ragged hole, tight as a fist, in the dead center of the target. To say I'm thrilled with this pistol would be an understatement. The first thing on my list is to send it to HK to be converted to the LEM trigger. The second thing on my list is a threaded barrel... and then a trust, and a can. :rolleyes:

G34
07-21-12, 20:01
Is the LEM trigger comparable to a Glock's and what weights does it come in? Thanks.

bodyarmorguy
07-21-12, 20:23
I keep trying to talk myself into a HK45. I have had full size and compact USP's in the past in 9mm and at least 3 compact 45 USPs. I handled a HK45 at the local gun shop the other day and am really just trying to decide between it or the C version. The LEM trigger is not a big issue for me as I would likely carry in condition one. But curse you man....you have me thinking more and more about it, lol.

Curly
07-21-12, 20:33
Is the LEM trigger comparable to a Glock's and what weights does it come in? Thanks.

I've found a light LEM to be similar to a good BHP's trigger in a sense of lots of take up and then a firm break, but it's nothing close to a Glock style trigger. Standard LEM is around 7lbs whereas a light LEM is around 5lbs.

Arik
07-21-12, 20:52
Im looking at a used (barely) hk45 full size. Love the ergos and overall feel but at $825 i have a hard time parting with that amount of money.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

.45fmjoe
07-21-12, 23:59
I keep trying to talk myself into a HK45. I have had full size and compact USP's in the past in 9mm and at least 3 compact 45 USPs. I handled a HK45 at the local gun shop the other day and am really just trying to decide between it or the C version. The LEM trigger is not a big issue for me as I would likely carry in condition one. But curse you man....you have me thinking more and more about it, lol.

My work here is done. :D

Seriously, I'm really liking this pistol. A LOT. If the ergonomics of the fulls size are good for you then go for it. To me the C is perfect.

BigJoe
07-22-12, 01:04
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j300/hardcharger_photos/55b07e23.jpg

Like this? ;)

.45fmjoe
07-22-12, 01:16
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j300/hardcharger_photos/55b07e23.jpg

Like this? ;)

Ayup. :D

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad264/45fmjoe/Firearms/DSC02829.jpg

HKBanger
07-22-12, 09:32
The HK45c is quite possibly the finest combat/duty handgun available and when you compare it to a $2,000 custom 1911 (the only other handgun that can compare), it doesn't seem all that expensive.

Ranger45
07-22-12, 09:34
Congrats on your HK45c.....I WANT ONE!

...that is all... :D

cjb1911
07-22-12, 09:41
I've been toting my HK45CT lately over the P30. One thing I've noticed is the reset on the HK45CT is much shorter then the P30.

.45fmjoe
07-22-12, 09:47
The HK45c is quite possibly the finest combat/duty handgun available and when you compare it to a $2,000 custom 1911 (the only other handgun that can compare), it doesn't seem all that expensive.

I'm a diehard Colt 1911 and S&W/Colt revolver shooter - the HK is only my 3rd polymer pistol, and I find myself almost agreeing with you. The only problem is all my Colt 1911s have run 100% from the box and my Rail Gun is awesome, too.

VooDoo6Actual
07-22-12, 10:05
I own two HK45CT's.

I strongly suggest the HK threaded factory barrels when you can find them.

While I still prefer the 1911's trigger, the HK45CT is the finest & best pistol I have ever used to date.

I prefer the 10 round "elephant foot" mags as well. My hands are too big for proper purchase and the added capacity make it a winning combo for me.

as always YMMV....

cjb1911
07-22-12, 10:16
I own two HK45CT's.

While I still prefer the 1911's trigger, the HK45CT is the finest & best pistol I have ever used to date.

I prefer the 10 round "elephant foot" mags as well. My hands are too big for proper purchase and the added capacity make it a winning combo for me.

as always YMMV....

I agree with the above statements, I chorno'd both barrels and the factory threaded puts it on par with the full size in terms of velocity.

cdunn
07-22-12, 10:39
glad to hear the positive feed back ,I'm on a waiting list for one.

loupav
07-22-12, 10:40
Glad to hear you have an HK that works for you. I'm an HK-nut and I love my HK45. But I have to admit my HK45c is growing on me. I also have always been a huge fan of the P2000 series.

Good luck and enjoy your HK's!

.45fmjoe
07-22-12, 11:00
I own two HK45CT's.

as always YMMV....

Actually two of the 4 included magazines were the 10 round "elephant feet" mags. They're a bit bulky to me but not bad. Because of all the training on the P2000 I feel at home with the standard magazines. With some training I will get over that, though. I will pick up a threaded barrel eventually. :)

.45fmjoe
07-22-12, 11:00
Glad to hear you have an HK that works for you. I'm an HK-nut and I love my HK45. But I have to admit my HK45c is growing on me. I also have always been a huge fan of the P2000 series.

Good luck and enjoy your HK's!

Thanks. :)