PDA

View Full Version : Picked Up A Sporter

LS1TA
07-21-12, 18:30
I have several black rifles, all within a few years old, but today I ran upon an older Sporter. It appears to be in great condition. The bolt face is great and the bore is pristine under a light. It is a MH xxx serial numbered gun. Best I can tell manufactured around '92. According to the previous owner he bought it unfired and he has ran one ten round mag through the gun.

M-FOURTEEN
07-22-12, 10:36
What a beaut. Congratulations on the new addition. Hard to beat the sporter...

LS1TA
07-23-12, 14:53
Thanks. I took it to the range yesterday and it shot great. After cleaning it and examining the internal components and normal wear spots it just looks brand new. My duty rifle is a Rock River and it has always performed flawlessly but I don't mind pulling it in and out of a patrol car, and allowing it to experience the normal wear that goes along with that. Maybe I'm silly or just a Colt homer but this rifle is just a safe queen...

MHL555
09-05-12, 05:36
Awesome rifle. I have the same model that i purchased used in 1994.
Try some match loads. Good luck. :p

KrampusArms
09-22-12, 00:00
Love it. Cool rifle man.

Hop
09-22-12, 00:07
I have the same rifle bought new way back before the AWB. I've done a lot of tweaks but have kept all the original parts. I shoot mine all the time and it's still a tack driver.

JoshNC
09-23-12, 12:57
Nice rifle! I have a Sporter Target model 6551. Purchased immediately after the passage of the '94 ban and paid too much. I had reconfigured it into a 6721 during the ban, and subsequently changed it back to its original configuration after the ban sunset and I started picking up 6920s.

I still love that 6551. Mine has the block pinned on one side of the lower, like yours, and the lower was factory drilled for the front pivot pin detent and spring.

The full A2 spec blue label Sporter line was a pretty cool model period in Colt production history. Enjoy your rifle.

SteveS
09-24-12, 12:46
I owned 2 of them. but I traded them off for other toys. They are as good as an AR can get. Colt!!!

KarbonChemist
10-04-12, 08:44
Very cool!

Doc. Holiday
10-04-12, 09:04
Nice find! My buddy would be going nuts right now for that.

eboggs
10-04-12, 17:06
Nice Score!

Always thought they looked goofy without the Bayo lug though :p...

regardless nice fnd.

I-M4-REAL
10-05-12, 18:29
Congrat's! Those are sweeeet shooters!!!
I have a Colt Sporter 'Lightweight' carbine that I bought new back in '93 and still shoot it just as much as my LE6920.I put the FSB w/bayo lug back on mine after the AWB.Enjoy it!I know you will!