PDA

View Full Version : *** News networks are pinging firearms instructors re: James E Holmes

30 cal slut
07-22-12, 22:32
At least one firearms instructor has been contacted by a major investigative news outfit, claiming that Aurora, CO shooter James E Holmes may have attended that instructor's class on such and such a date.

In this particular case, this appears highly unlikely given that James E Holmes would have to have been on the East Coast on such and such date, and would have to have borrowed a firearm or two, given that trainer's schedule and that James E Holmes acquired his first firearm months ago.

So, obviously, this is a fishing expedition by aforementioned network news outlet, with a view to demonizing open-enrollment firearms training.

Trainers, please beware.

I wish I was joking, but I am not making this up.

Endur
07-22-12, 22:34
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? :stop:

30 cal slut
07-22-12, 22:38
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? :stop:

Yup. That's what I said.

Endur
07-22-12, 22:41
Wow, just wow..

Do you have a link? Or was this on tv?

VooDoo6Actual
07-22-12, 22:42
It's the Indian not the Arrow....
Living brain donors...

30 cal slut
07-22-12, 22:43
Wow, just wow..

Do you have a link? Or was this on tv?

No link, no tv.

SteyrAUG
07-22-12, 22:48
Jesus Christ.

Why not investigate the neuroscience department at University of Colorado School of Medicine as a possible source of responsibility for his crimes?

Even if he DID take a class, does that mean everyone else in that class wasn't entitled to receive instruction? Alarmingly most in the media would probably say "yes."

All I can say is I only wish some of his victims had taken such a class and at least gotten the opportunity to attempt to defend themselves.

VLODPG
07-22-12, 22:48
No link, no tv.

I'll vouch for slut on this, I was there & heard from the same source but it is not my place to give details!

SteyrAUG
07-22-12, 22:50
I'll vouch for slut on this, I was there & heard from the same source but it is not my place to give details!

Probably best NOT to.

A heads up serves a purpose. Naming specific names might lead to a media feeding frenzy.

Heavy Metal
07-22-12, 23:08

Other Instructors besides this particular one needs to be aware of what is going on. I suspect they are trying the same shit on them.

30 cal slut
07-22-12, 23:10
Other Instructors besides this particular one needs to be aware of what is going on. I suspect they are trying the same shit on them.

Agreed.

Mauser KAR98K
07-23-12, 01:20
Ummm...most of the Magpul Dynamics videos are on Bit Torrents.

GeorgiaBoy
07-23-12, 01:41
Even if he were to have received training from an instructor, it should not, and probably would not have any affect on his abilities to do what he did. Aside from basic instruction and gun handling, anything else he would have been taught would have been a moot point.

To shoot up a group of unarmed moviegoers in a dark room you don't need to know how to:

Perform Speed Reloads
Perform Tactical Reloads
Perform Emergency Transition to Sidearm
Shoot from under a vehicle
Shoot from around cover
Ect.

Safetyhit
07-23-12, 08:50
It's interesting because basic firearm training classes are usually encouraged and sometimes required in the most restrictive of cities such as Chicago and DC. But if possible they'll use the same logic with enhanced training as they do with the 100rd drum, which of course is that they are more than any citizen needs.

SW-Shooter
07-23-12, 18:25
It's all about agenda, just like the reporters in Aurora chasing potential witnesses so they could scoop a story. The truth is the media (READ: ALL media) is not our friend, nor will they ever be.

Mauser KAR98K
07-23-12, 20:50
If he had attended a class, he would have cleared the malfunction and kept firing the AR, and there would have been a lot more killed.

Sounds like the retard went through the cheaper than dirt catalog and charged up an ass load of money. Beta mags are going over $200. Thank God it is a piece of shit.

Bubba FAL
07-23-12, 20:50
It's all about agenda, just like the reporters in Aurora chasing potential witnesses so they could scoop a story. The truth is the media (READ: ALL media) is not our friend, nor will they ever be.

Amen. They were staked out at the local gun show yesterday, asking about gun control and Aurora. Judging from the footage that aired, I'm glad I gave them a wide berth.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
07-23-12, 20:56
They are also targeting forums such as CO AR15. Stay frosty...

ForTehNguyen
07-23-12, 22:20
they said he was on vicodin during the attack. Yea Im sure being mellowed out to hell he could perform all the things he supposedly learned in a class

QuickStrike
07-24-12, 21:27
they said he was on vicodin during the attack. Yea Im sure being mellowed out to hell he could perform all the things he supposedly learned in a class

Wouldn't it help your nerves while performing fine-motor movements under stress?

I do know that fright, anger, etc. can impair your cardio and reflexes in things like a boxing match, so that you aren't as hot as you are in training. This is especially true for beginners with little experience.

But let's be honest here, shooting an AR at an unarmed crowd isn't very difficult. Why would he need training?

jaxman7
07-24-12, 21:40
They are also targeting forums such as CO AR15. Stay frosty...

LSHD,

How in particular is the CO AR15 forum being targeted? News reports? Did a member of said forum discover there may possibly be a member/members with ulterior motives?

-Jax

LowSpeed_HighDrag
07-24-12, 22:49
LSHD,

How in particular is the CO AR15 forum being targeted? News reports? Did a member of said forum discover there may possibly be a member/members with ulterior motives?

-Jax

Read at your own peril...
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/07/22/a-look-at-the-aurora-shooter-s-guns-including-the-ar-15.html

GeorgiaBoy
07-25-12, 01:22
Am I the only one who has to force myself to read articles like that?

"Assault Rifle"

"Fearsome Weapon"

"Forged from aircraft grade aluminum" - WTF does that have to do with anything? Aluminum is a lot weaker that some metals in much "less fearsome" weapons.

"Easy to shoot, and idiot can do it" - Um, most guns are relativily easy to fire. Pulling the trigger is how practically every single firearm is shot. The AR is a lot more complicated than many other guns.

"Rugged shotgun" - What is un-rugged? A single shot break-open? What does its "ruggedness" have to do with anything?

"Police pistol" - Is that worse than a non-police pistol?

LowSpeed_HighDrag
07-25-12, 01:26

"Assault Rifle"

"Fearsome Weapon"

"Forged from aircraft grade aluminum" - WTF does that have to do with anything? Aluminum is a lot weaker that some metals in much "less fearsome" weapons.

"Easy to shoot, and idiot can do it" - Um, most guns are relativily easy to fire. Pulling the trigger is how practically every single firearm is shot. The AR is a lot more complicated than many other guns.

"Rugged shotgun" - What is un-rugged? A single shot break-open? What does its "ruggedness" have to do with anything?

My favorite was the "Rugged Shotgun". The next AWB will ban all "Rugged" features.

polymorpheous
07-25-12, 02:33
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/07/22/a-look-at-the-aurora-shooter-s-guns-including-the-ar-15.html

WTF

This shit is getting old.

Mauser KAR98K
07-25-12, 04:20

"Assault Rifle"

"Fearsome Weapon"

Some folks don't get out of their bubble much.

QuietShootr
07-25-12, 07:33
At least one firearms instructor has been contacted by a major investigative news outfit, claiming that Aurora, CO shooter James E Holmes may have attended that instructor's class on such and such a date.

In this particular case, this appears highly unlikely given that James E Holmes would have to have been on the East Coast on such and such date, and would have to have borrowed a firearm or two, given that trainer's schedule and that James E Holmes acquired his first firearm months ago.

So, obviously, this is a fishing expedition by aforementioned network news outlet, with a view to demonizing open-enrollment firearms training.

Trainers, please beware.

I wish I was joking, but I am not making this up.

Way to go, Haley, you stupid ass.

jaxman7
07-25-12, 07:33

Wow..just wow. I was going to comment more but ....wow. Absolute ignorance of firearms.

-Jax

jmp45
07-25-12, 08:29
That article is totally retarded as well as most all the comments.

O'Reilly's view on gun control was equally as enlightening by the most part. I had no idea the general public could buy a 'machine gun' and they (the feds) don't know 2:11.. WTF... Heavy Weapons?? Learn something new everyday. :blink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiW28awuF_M

Couldn't find a clip with O'Reilly and Utah's Rep Jason Chaffetz, that was another enlightening moment. Chaffetz when he did have a chance to interrupt the bloviating he made sense. O'Reilly didn't want to hear it.

davidjinks
07-25-12, 08:56
I sent O'Reilly an email last night correcting him on his ignorance of gun laws in this country. Don't be fooled by him, he is vehement anti-gun. There are several interviews from his early days and later days where he states his position.

They're all liars and cheats. No matter how you slice it that's what they are.

I watched the whole show last night. O'Reilly is an idiot. No way around it. What we, as gun owners need, is a real true voice out there. One that doesn't take money and memberships and could give a **** less what rung of the ladder people are on.

Too many gun store commandos, SME wanna be's and no nothing know it alls running their sucks out there with the wrong information.

That article is totally retarded as well as most all the comments.

O'Reilly's view on gun control was equally as enlightening by the most part. I had no idea the general public could buy a 'machine gun' and they (the feds) don't know 2:11.. WTF... Heavy Weapons?? Learn something new everyday. :blink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiW28awuF_M

Couldn't find a clip with O'Reilly and Utah's Rep Jason Chaffetz, that was another enlightening moment. Chaffetz when he did have a chance to interrupt the bloviating he made sense. O'Reilly didn't want to hear it.

jmp45
07-25-12, 10:09
Roger that. O'Reilly also spouted 60,000 rds?? I thought it was 6k. Listening to Beck, Nugent is trying to get some air time, guess his head is about to explode from all the media lies. Anyhow, back on topic.

I can't see how it would be possible to screen class attendees 100%. Obviously it's going to be a bigger liability here on.