PDA

View Full Version : Knights Armament question

thefirm13
07-23-12, 01:14
So does anybody know what year Knights Armament started making lowers? I was contacted on Facebook by a guy asking a bunch of random questions and then mentioned that he gets his class 3 FA knights armament tomorrow and in light of the recent tragedy I want to do a little bit of research and see if A) this guy cou,d be full of sh!t or much worse B) this guy has a modified post 86 sample and is potentially going off the reservation.

Any help would be appreciated.

sinlessorrow
07-23-12, 07:07
Im pretty certain there are no pre '86 KAC auto lowers.

midSCarolina
07-23-12, 09:09
Did he specifically mentioned that it was an auto or could it possibly just be an SBR'd lower? I know Knights was founded pre 1986 (1982) but I am not sure if they were producing lowers at the time.

ST911
07-23-12, 09:25
If you are concerned about his inquiry, best information will be from KAC directly. If you are concerned about his threat potential, call the police.

"In light of the recent tragedy"... Let's not break our hands wringing them. People have talked crap about stuff they don't own, can't have, or want to impress people with, and will for years to come.

advntrjnky
07-23-12, 20:17
Knight's made all of the pre-'86 transferable Stoner MGs.....not sure what else they made that is transferable, but they did make transferable items pre-'86.

advntrjnky

thefirm13
07-23-12, 22:47
It was in reference to FA.

Im going to do some more digging.

ccosby
07-23-12, 22:52
Knight's made all of the pre-'86 transferable Stoner MGs.....not sure what else they made that is transferable, but they did make transferable items pre-'86.

advntrjnky

I've seen at least one hk trigger pack made by them as well go for sale. Want to say someone from knights said it was very rare.

jbo723
07-26-12, 12:05
So does anybody know what year Knights Armament started making lowers? I was contacted on Facebook by a guy asking a bunch of random questions and then mentioned that he gets his class 3 FA knights armament tomorrow and in light of the recent tragedy I want to do a little bit of research and see if A) this guy cou,d be full of sh!t or much worse B) this guy has a modified post 86 sample and is potentially going off the reservation.

Any help would be appreciated.

Could it be possible that it's a dealer sample only? Not sure how that kind of stuff works in the industry. All I know is my dealer has a HK416 dealer sample so that's where my speculation is coming from. I know they produce FA SR16's for LE/MIL cause I was able to shoot a few during a KAC tour/demo..

thefirm13
07-26-12, 12:12
Okay so after some digging turns out this guy is just psychotic. He tried to tell me he was in the army, showed me a ranger tattoo and then when I asked him what his MOS was he told me "ranger" and when I told him that's not a MOS he then gave me his "rank".

Turns out the guy is just a pathological liar. And a complete schmuck for impersonating a veteran.

badness
07-26-12, 14:18
are you sure he's not some 12 year old kid trying to play pretend commando on the internets? Kinda like that kid that posts here from time to time.....whatever his screen name is. vaportrail or some crap.

thefirm13
07-26-12, 14:38
He's the real deal. The real fake deal that is. I met him at the race track one day. He was there with a mutual friend.
What a loser and a sham.

MegademiC
07-26-12, 23:49
can't dealer samples or LE FA guns that are post 86 enter the civilian market if they choose to sell there? I understood it as they could.

Also, are you sure its a RR if its an ar? Maybe hes just sticking a RDIAS in it?

thefirm13
07-26-12, 23:58
No post 86 samples are civilian purchasable.

I am 99% sure he was lying about KA being a select fire weapon. Le that I've found out he was lying about being SF or even being in the military.

LAWMENS
07-27-12, 09:24
Just so there is no confusion in the matter. KAC has not sold any select fire SR16's to the civilian market as all of them are post '86. We do not offer dealer samples of our select fire weapons, we do sell to LE/Mil/Gov't directly. If an agency that has our select fire weapons decides to go to a different gun and are unable to transfer them to another agency, we purchase them back. Thankfully this has not happened yet, I guess Knight's does it right.

Steve S.
07-27-12, 11:22
Just so there is no confusion in the matter. KAC has not sold any select fire SR16's to the civilian market as all of them are post '86. We do not offer dealer samples of our select fire weapons, we do sell to LE/Mil/Gov't directly. If an agency that has our select fire weapons decides to go to a different gun and are unable to transfer them to another agency, we purchase them back. Thankfully this has not happened yet, I guess Knight's does it right.

I know it's none of my business, so feel free to not answer, but out of curiosity I have to ask. In the event there ever was a request for KAC to buy them back, do you pay the full price paid in the original contract, or is there depreciation?