PDA

View Full Version : Buying Colt LE6920, anything I need to look out for?

texit
07-23-12, 08:57
I plan on buying a Colt LE6920 this week. Is there anything I need to look out for when inspecting the gun?

I hope I can find one without many dings/scratches (I know I know, its a tool... but its an expensive tool that I plan to pass down). I'd prefer putting the scratches on it, rather than a careless assembler.

I found it for $1049 at a gun shop in Dallas. They have 20-25 in stock, I hope they will let me inspect a few until I find one thats in good shape.

Also, is the plastic bag the COLT comes in factory sealed?

ST911
07-23-12, 09:31
I plan on buying a Colt LE6920 this week. Is there anything I need to look out for when inspecting the gun?

I hope I can find one without many dings/scratches (I know I know, its a tool... but its an expensive tool that I plan to pass down). I'd prefer putting the scratches on it, rather than a careless assembler.

I found it for $1049 at a gun shop in Dallas. They have 20-25 in stock, I hope they will let me inspect a few until I find one thats in good shape.

Also, is the plastic bag the COLT comes in factory sealed?

NIB Colts are among the safest to simply load and shoot. I would give it a once-over to make sure the controls and parts move as they should, the bore is clear, mags seat. Then, lube and shoot.

The bag isn't sealed.

In a stack of NIB 6920s, they will all be about the same. Don't waste your time, or your dealers time opening boxes for the sake of finish.

Split66
07-23-12, 09:41
No nothing special really.

Look over the BCG, check the staking. Make sure all the swag is there in the package. It'll come with 2 colt 20 round mags, a cleaning kit, sling etc The bag wasnt sealed, when I bought mine IIRC.

As for the dings, remember they constantly test the parts interchangability. It's actually a halmark of their QC process, but I can understand wanting a "perfect" weapon to mash up. My 6920 had a few handling marks on the carry handle but I didnt care at all. I just wanted to get the stupid PICs check overwith and GTFO. :D

Make sure to disassemble it when you get home and clean the junk out, lube the living piss out of it and prepare to blast.

texit
07-23-12, 09:45
No nothing special really.

Look over the BCG, check the staking. Make sure all the swag is there in the package. It'll come with 2 colt 20 round mags, a cleaning kit, sling etc The bag wasnt sealed, when I bought mine IIRC.

As for the dings, remember they constantly test the parts interchangability. It's actually a halmark of their QC process, but I can understand wanting a "perfect" weapon to mash up. My 6920 had a few handling marks on the carry handle but I didnt care at all. I just wanted to get the stupid PICs check overwith and GTFO. :D

Make sure to disassemble it when you get home and clean the junk out, lube the living piss out of it and prepare to blast.

I'm not sure if the shop will let me open the gun and check out the BCG? From my understanding the accessories package is sealed, while the bag that contains the firearm is not?

Thanks guys!! Sorry about the questions, I just want to make sure I don't overlook anything. I plan to keep this gun, and hopefully pass down one day.

JSantoro
07-23-12, 09:52
The stickied threads mention inspections.

Grey Search, keyword " Colt LE6920," limited to thread titles only and to the AR GD subforum: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php?searchid=4583089