PDA

View Full Version : Sig Sauer Overview, Introduction, Field Stripping and Function in HD Video

ptmccain
07-23-12, 19:01
I made the following video as an introduction to the Sig Sauer P226 including a history of its development, its features, how to field strip it, and a shooting demonstration, along with a summary of results with the particular pistol featured in the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ma93rt8FK8

jst0915
07-23-12, 20:04
Overall a very good video, just a couple of quick points:

The elite series Sigs' all have beavertails, so the P226 in the video is not an elite.

The Sig P226 was adopted by the NSW after they had issues with M9 slides hitting their shooters' in the face. IIRC, the P226 was adopted by NSW before the HK Mk23 was designed.

I can't remember if you mentioned this in the other thread, but is that a Checkmate magazine that you said was the culprit? In my personal experience, when using them with M9's I have had a lot of issues. This could be apples to oranges, but it might be something to take a look at.

Compared to most videos showing someone disassembling a pistol via youtube, yours are excellent quality.

ptmccain
07-23-12, 22:23
Thank you for the feedback and advice.

bsem
07-23-12, 22:47
I don't have a P226, but I do have a 2022. It's sort of a polymer 229 type.

I carry it pretty often. It's a great gun. The double action pull is so slick and relatively short...I have no clue why Sig ever introduced the P250 instead of just dropping a DAO trigger into these and then marketing it.

http://www.operatorchan.org/k/src/134262533168.jpg

og556
07-23-12, 23:51
Nice video. I'm glad it was the magazine. I would suggest hunting down some mec gar mags.

rathos
07-24-12, 03:20
The recent checkmate mags can most likely be attributed to the issue. I have a recently made p226r that came with checkmate mags. The gun did not function very well with the checkmate mags. I had three older sig mags and 3 of the 18 round mecgars. The gun was flawless with those mags. I decided that I would replace the springs in the checkmates with wolf springs, and it seemed to fix the issues. I still don't trust the mags, but at least they work well for the range.

ptmccain
07-24-12, 14:14
Thanks, I'm definitely getting MecGar mags.