PDA

View Full Version : Colt Match Target M4 "CA Legal" vs LE Rollmark

farmboy
07-25-12, 13:41
I purchased a Colt M4 during the height of the Obama gun craze (meaning I paid way too much for it). Being a newbie, I didn't do my research very well and purchased a rifle with the "Colt Match Target" rollmark on it. It came with the pinned stock and muzzle break to make it nanny state legal. I have since learned that it is legal in my state (PA) to own one with the "LE" rollmark. I would prefer to have a rifle with the flash hider and the adjustable stock.

My question is, would it make more sense to modify my rifle (get a new stock and the break unpinned) or is there more value in selling it an purchasing an LE rifle? if i did modify it, would there be any other differences between the Colt Match and the Colt LE?

HKBanger
07-26-12, 12:01
I purchased a Colt M4 during the height of the Obama gun craze (meaning I paid way too much for it). Being a newbie, I didn't do my research very well and purchased a rifle with the "Colt Match Target" rollmark on it. It came with the pinned stock and muzzle break to make it nanny state legal. I have since learned that it is legal in my state (PA) to own one with the "LE" rollmark. I would prefer to have a rifle with the flash hider and the adjustable stock.

My question is, would it make more sense to modify my rifle (get a new stock and the break unpinned) or is there more value in selling it an purchasing an LE rifle? if i did modify it, would there be any other differences between the Colt Match and the Colt LE?

I'd just keep it as is. Why unpin the muzzle break? If that's the case then I'd have ADCO do the work for you. They are very easy to set an order up with, reasonably priced, and a very quick turn around.

At the most, I might be concerned about the stock. I'd just run the shit outta it as is, but that's just me -- might 'fix' the pinned stock at the most.

farmboy
07-26-12, 13:14
Thanks for the reply!

I should have clarified that I wanted to get the break unpinned so that I could get a flash hider installed.

After checking the prices it seems that the MT6400R is basically the same thing as the LE6920 but costs more due to labor costs of making them compliant.

Im still up in the air as to what to do. At this point I think ill try and sell it to some unfortunate soul that could use a compliant rifle and purchase a n LE version.

Thanks again for the help.