PDA

View Full Version : revolver in 45acp

far9mm
07-25-12, 14:22
was wondering what companys make a revolver in 45acp?

maddawg5777
07-25-12, 16:44
S&W 625. They are designed for moon clips as well.

Artos
07-25-12, 17:26
I would find a clean used S&W model 25 w/ P&R...if you remember the Dirty Harry movies, it was actually the model 25 that was pointing at you and not the 29 44mag.

Little bigger hole...:)

broylz
07-25-12, 18:43
ruger makes a blackhawk convertible that has cylinders for 45 colt and 45acp. can get cylinders made for most 45 single actions as well.

iirc, you should also be able to have most any 45 colt or 454 casull double action revolver modified to take moon clips as well.

ST911
07-25-12, 18:53
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=revolvers+in+45acp

tdb59
07-25-12, 20:07
I would find a clean used S&W model 25 w/ P&R...

Pardon the nitpick, but a pre-1983 Model 25-2 would have a pinned barrel, but not a recessed cylinder.

I LIKE 'em !

This is one that I clipped to 4" for a carry gun.

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg805/scaled.php?server=805&filename=252002.jpg&res=landing

Alaskapopo
07-25-12, 22:46
I would find a clean used S&W model 25 w/ P&R...if you remember the Dirty Harry movies, it was actually the model 25 that was pointing at you and not the 29 44mag.

Little bigger hole...:)

Dude I wish I knew the truth on this one. I have heard what you just said and I have also heard it was a 8 inch version to make it look bigger. Who actually knows? I am thinking its internet lore.
Here are my 45 acp revolvers.

The first is a 25 in 45 colt that I got converted to also be able to fire with 45 acp in moon clips. The second is a JM version of the 625 its a 45 acp only.
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g299/355sigfan/Revolvers/Mountaingun.jpg
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g299/355sigfan/Revolvers/625.jpg

okie john
07-26-12, 02:14
was wondering what companys make a revolver in 45acp?

Ruger and Smith & Wesson make .45 ACP revolvers. What are you trying to accomplish with this one?

Okie John

far9mm
07-26-12, 02:24
I like the ideal of the moon clips acting like speed loaders. And I just have alot of 45acp and wanted a wheel gun. May carry it ccw from time to time.

Artos
07-26-12, 08:18
Pardon the nitpick, but a pre-1983 Model 25-2 would have a pinned barrel, but not a recessed cylinder.

I LIKE 'em !

This is one that I clipped to 4" for a carry gun.

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg805/scaled.php?server=805&filename=252002.jpg&res=landing

nitpik away...that is what we do here (get our facts on guns correct) P&R have become the comment you tie into older smiths out of habit for the most part, but I get it. (Check out the S&W 520...finally found one NIB):)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alaskapopo,

I saw that factoid on some history / discovery show some years ago when doing a documentory on Eastwood films...doesn't matter but made sense to do such (even for hollyweird) I think it was only that opening sceen where the close up of the bore and cylinder are shown slowly rotatitng towards the viewer.

I dig the mountain gun!!

okie john
07-26-12, 13:08
I like the ideal of the moon clips acting like speed loaders. And I just have a lot of 45acp and wanted a wheel gun. May carry it ccw from time to time.

I had a 4” 625 for a while. I bought it to standardize on ammo between my 1911 and a revolver that was legal for deer hunting in my state, but I never found a load that shot well in both guns. I had to use .45 Auto Rim brass and 250-grain SWCs to get groups that I felt comfortable using for hunting with the revolver. At that point, I ended up treating the .45 AR like any other rimmed revolver cartridge: trimming cases to length, roll crimping, headspacing on the rim, and using heavy cast bullets and slow powder. When I did all of that, it was superbly accurate. But I didn’t have a ready supply of .45 ACP ammo and the Model 625 didn’t do anything that my Model 29 wasn’t already doing with a lot less hassle, so I sold it.

Moon clips aren’t necessarily good either. You have to dump everything in the gun to top it off and getting a partially loaded clip back in the gun is a hassle, so tactical reloads are problematic. Moon clips are a bit smaller than speedloaders but they’re still bulky. They’re also fragile. Bent clips can tie up the gun, so you can’t just drop them in a pocket and have them emerge unscathed. To keep them from getting bent, you need carriers that conceal about as well as a Russet potato. Most people bend the clips by loading and unloading them without a de-mooning tool. Brownells and other places sell the tools, but it takes a hacksaw and 10 minutes to make one from a 6” piece of copper pipe. Instructions are all over the internet.

.45 ACP revolvers that headspace on the case mouth will fire ACP ammo without moon clips. Those that headspace on the moon clip let cartridges fall too far into the chamber to fire reliably. There are trends as to which makes and models headspace on the mouth, but it's really a gun-by-gun thing. And you still have to pick the brass out of the chamber with your fingernails...

Long story short, it would take a boat load of free ammo to make me reconsider a .45 ACP revolver when I already have a .44 Magnum. But if you've got that, rock on...

Hope this helps.

Okie John

Suwannee Tim
07-26-12, 21:03
I have a Model 1955 made in 1954 and given as a trophy at the National Matches. It is worn slap out. One of these days I'm going to have it restored.

Alaskapopo
07-26-12, 21:29
I had a 4” 625 for a while. I bought it to standardize on ammo between my 1911 and a revolver that was legal for deer hunting in my state, but I never found a load that shot well in both guns. I had to use .45 Auto Rim brass and 250-grain SWCs to get groups that I felt comfortable using for hunting with the revolver. At that point, I ended up treating the .45 AR like any other rimmed revolver cartridge: trimming cases to length, roll crimping, headspacing on the rim, and using heavy cast bullets and slow powder. When I did all of that, it was superbly accurate. But I didn’t have a ready supply of .45 ACP ammo and the Model 625 didn’t do anything that my Model 29 wasn’t already doing with a lot less hassle, so I sold it.

Moon clips aren’t necessarily good either. You have to dump everything in the gun to top it off and getting a partially loaded clip back in the gun is a hassle, so tactical reloads are problematic. Moon clips are a bit smaller than speedloaders but they’re still bulky. They’re also fragile. Bent clips can tie up the gun, so you can’t just drop them in a pocket and have them emerge unscathed. To keep them from getting bent, you need carriers that conceal about as well as a Russet potato. Most people bend the clips by loading and unloading them without a de-mooning tool. Brownells and other places sell the tools, but it takes a hacksaw and 10 minutes to make one from a 6” piece of copper pipe. Instructions are all over the internet.

.45 ACP revolvers that headspace on the case mouth will fire ACP ammo without moon clips. Those that headspace on the moon clip let cartridges fall too far into the chamber to fire reliably. There are trends as to which makes and models headspace on the mouth, but it's really a gun-by-gun thing. And you still have to pick the brass out of the chamber with your fingernails...

Long story short, it would take a boat load of free ammo to make me reconsider a .45 ACP revolver when I already have a .44 Magnum. But if you've got that, rock on...

Hope this helps.

Okie John

I don't carry my 625 for carry but if I could not carry an auto loader I would carry it over any other revolver because its so much faster to reload. Tac reloads are very over rated. Dump it and go. For the fun of it I have shot IDPA matches and USPSA matches with my 625 and my model 19 and I am much faster with the 625 because the reloads are so much faster. That sold it for me. Speed loaders are SLOW.
Pat

Mr. Smith
07-27-12, 09:10
I love the Smith and Wesson 625 I do lots of them in the shop.

http://i807.photobucket.com/albums/yy358/SuperiorFirearms/GREY%20625/100_3878.jpg

http://i807.photobucket.com/albums/yy358/SuperiorFirearms/GREY%20625/100_2021.jpg

http://i807.photobucket.com/albums/yy358/SuperiorFirearms/GREY%20625/100_1575.jpg

http://i807.photobucket.com/albums/yy358/SuperiorFirearms/GREY%20625/gB6253.jpg

The 625 is one of the guns I will have till the day I go.

dewatters
07-27-12, 21:52
I have a Model 1955 made in 1954 and given as a trophy at the National Matches. It is worn slap out. One of these days I'm going to have it restored.

FWIW: According to Roy Jinks, the first .45 Model 1955 wasn't completed until March 3, 1955. Jim Clark, Sr. won one of the first at the National Mid-Winter Championships in Tampa, FL. Clark later claimed that at the previous year's match, he had ticked off S&W's Carl Hellstrom by telling him everything that Clark thought was wrong with the .45 Model 1950.

Shabazz
08-12-12, 15:41
I have found moon clips to be a hassle.

charmcitycop
08-12-12, 18:56

jmoore
08-12-12, 19:40
While I have a pair of nice pre-lock 6525s, my "go to" revolver is my 4" model 22. I've castrated it and installed "the plug" where that damned internal safety used to reside. Down side? Still looking for a good holster.

John

Matt C.
08-14-12, 09:30
Here's a 25-12

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e85/Stutzen/SW25-12029.jpg

dms_drums
12-31-12, 12:14
I know this is an old thread, but I figured I'd contribute. The Taurus Judge and the Smith and Wesson Governor both take 45acp.

t0kie
01-18-13, 01:00
I also had 625 JM edition, and l love it.

Coal Dragger
01-25-13, 02:50
Another option is the Freedom Arms M83 and M97. I own a 6" bbl M83 Premier Grade in .454 Casull, and had Freedom Arms make an auxiliary cylinder in .45ACP for it when I sent it in for an action job and trigger overtravel screw.

This turned out to be a really really good investment since I have a Dillon Square Deal B set up to run .45ACP so I get to shoot this revolver quite a bit more than before.

By changing out the front sight to one of the correct height there is very little need to make any adjustments on the rear sight when switching between the .454 and .45ACP cylinder. In fact using a .380" front sight for stout +P+ .45ACP loads, and then switching out to a .430" front sight for 300-360gr .454 Casull loads results in virtually no need to make major elevation adjustments on the rear sight. No more than a few clicks one way or the other.

I have found both cylinders to be perfectly timed, and both deliver a very high level of mechanical and practical accuracy with a wide variety of loads. Plus with the FA (or large frame Ruger Super Blackhawk) you can use handloaded .45ACP rounds that are seriously seriously hot with no issues. The brass is plenty strong enough, but most auto pistols don't have a fully supported chamber in .45ACP, and of course the recoil springs will be hard pressed to put up with a 255gr hard cast bullet chugging along at around 1,000fps.

The combination I now have can, between the two cylinders, handle the lightest .45ACP target loads, all the way up to the very energetic and very powerful full powered .454 Casull and everything in between the two.

ICANHITHIMMAN
01-25-13, 09:42
Any compact models, that dont use moon clips?

Alaskapopo
01-25-13, 11:01

The ability to use moon clips is the main draw to a .45 acp revolver. (fast reloads) If not your better off with a .357.
Pat

gan1hck
01-25-13, 12:47
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=revolvers+in+45acp

this always cracks me up

SurplusShooter
01-25-13, 13:12
On a historical note:
Back in WW1 they couldn't make 1911's fast enough so S&W and Colt made a revolver adapted for .45's with moon clips.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M1917_revolver

This was to allow common ammunition (.45acp) with the 1911 for logistics reasons. Yes they took moon clips but could also headspace on the case mouth.

Eta: got my years mixed-up, corrected.

ICANHITHIMMAN
01-25-13, 15:18
The ability to use moon clips is the main draw to a .45 acp revolver. (fast reloads) If not your better off with a .357.
Pat

Thanks pat, I am aware of that, I still don't like them. I was thinking of it more from a collection of pistols that fire the same ammo. I know I would not put ammo on moon clips loose in my pocket.

hockeynick39
01-26-13, 06:04
On a historical note:
Back in WW2 they couldn't make 1911's fast enough so S&W and Colt made a revolver adapted for .45's with moon clips.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M1917_revolver

This was to allow common ammunition (.45acp) with the 1911 for logistics reasons. Yes they took moon clips but could also headspace on the case mouth.

It was not WW2 it was WWI and General Pershing wanted every single soldier to carry a side arm. It wasn't the total ability to make 1911s fast, but the ability to not be able to issue 1 million soldiers with them. S&W and Colt also didn't make moon clips, they made half moon clips (S&W didn't make moon clips until much later). I know, I have an original Colt DA 1917 in .45 ACP, with fixed sights, blued throughtout, checkered hand grips, and lanyard ring attached to the grip base with US Army serial number on it, along with a history card attached to it. I inhereted it from my grandfather along with his 1898 Krag rifle, which was also issued. After WWI and slightly before WWII, an auto-rim version was made so that it could be used as a revolver without the half-moon clips. For the military, that was still using the DA1917 still, it was a logistical nightmare and the DA1917 was dropped from service. The civilian market still makes the auto-rims because unless you use a moon/ demoon tool, loading the .45 ACP revolver moon clips is a straight PITA. BTW, if you haven't noticed, some stuff on wikipedia is not completely correct, thus it is not used as a reference and there are better sources out there.

Deputy Dan
01-26-13, 07:12
The Patent calls it a "Cartridge Pack for Revolvers" ... Patent Number 1,231,106 submitted by Joseph H. Wesson ... filed on 3 April 1917 and patented on 26 June 1917. It is avaliable to view at the United States Patent and Trademark Office. I was in there one day for another reason and checked it out. Might be online somewhere.

A revolver for .45ACP that didn't require moon clips for extraction would be interesting... it would be the big brother of the S&W 547.

Deputy Dan
01-26-13, 07:15
PS- I have two S&W M1917s and a late Colt 1917. Those revolvers can be fired without the clips, you simply can't extract the spent cases by depressing the extractor rod. Early colt M1917s require the clip to be fired.

SurplusShooter
01-26-13, 10:05
Oops yes WW1, old post corrected.
. BTW, if you haven't noticed, some stuff on wikipedia is not completely correct, thus it is not used as a reference and there are better sources out there.
I was just making mention of it, it was not my intention to write a complete thesis about the subject to cover every possible angle.

Atlshaun
01-26-13, 20:40
I like the 625...might have to pick up one tomorrow.

hockeynick39
01-27-13, 15:02
I have a 625 JM and love it so far, very accurate on a center hold. Changed the grips out to Hogue Grips because I like positive feel and not the smooth target grips that come with them. Also have not had the time or money to get some trigger work done, not a big fan of the 9 lb. DA trigger pull for a follow up shot and have been getting quite fast at puling the hammer for a follow up.

DWood
01-27-13, 17:47
I don't know if you can even find 45 Auto Rim, but it will fire and extract without moon clips from a revolver chambered in 45 acp.

Jake'sDad
01-27-13, 21:18
I don't know if you can even find 45 Auto Rim, but it will fire and extract without moon clips from a revolver chambered in 45 acp.

I was just going to say that, and yes, it's still loaded. Corbon and Buffalo Bore even make defense loads in Auto Rim.

HKS makes a speedloader for auto rim in the S&W N frames as well.

hockeynick39
01-28-13, 05:52

Yup, they still malke .45 Auto Rim. Usually (off) seasonal runs. Just finished up my last box a month ago and have started to reload them. Most straight walled pistol cases, if loaded normally, will last at least twice as long as bottlenecked rifle cartridges. Good luck and stay safe.

Lost River
01-28-13, 13:05
I have found moon clips to be a hassle.

Me too.

The idea has always held more appeal more-so than the actual usage.

I have had more than a half a dozen N frame .45 acp wheel guns. 625s and 1955 targets. I had one fairly nice 4 inch custom chop job blued 25-2 that was nicest of all.

One of the big problems has been oversized throats in the ACP guns. S&Ws were all over the map. Many 25-2s were/are not nearly as accurate as people would like to think without finding a cast bullet to match the particular revolver.

Just a plain headache. It is one of the reasons why I tend to stick with .44 caliber N frames. It is hard to find a .44 mag that does not drive tacks. Just load it up or down to suit your needs.

Beautiful guns for sure. That being said, even the moon clips, when using in the field, can be a pain in the ass. I handgun hunt quite a bit and have killed literally thousands and thousands of jackrabbits with handguns and found the moonclips to be bothersome.

Where I find the ACP in a revolver to really shine is in single action guns, such as Ruger convertibles.

They are quick to eject, due to the shorter case length. You can load them with 200 grain SWCs to punch nice neat holes in paper or game, or with JHPs or whatever. On that note, I have found 200 grain lead SWCs do a very nice job on small game. The projectile cuts a nice clean hole and reliably anchors game. Quite often I have found that the factory JHP, designed for 2 legged aggressors simply punches through smaller targets and acts much like an FMJ.

Another major bonus, is the fact that a "speed loader" for a single action revolver is simply a semi auto's magazine.

I use my 1911's magazines for speed loaders and simply thumb rounds off the top right into the cylinder's chambers. I currently own 2 convertible Rugers. One is a larger, standard new model blued .45. The other is a new, slightly smaller flattop flattop framed, smaller gripped .45. neat little packing guns and fun to shoot.

Here is my older full size new model:

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b109/IV_Troop/022-2.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b109/IV_Troop/025-5.jpg

and the Flattop:

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b109/IV_Troop/016-7.jpg

A larger framed .45 convertible makes a lot of sense for an outdoorsman or whomever. It would be a great gun to stick in an emergency kit. The ability to use both .45 Colt and ACP with the wide range of loads gives a shooter an opportunity to handle a lot of outdoor needs with just one handgun. Literally from moose to small game.

As much as I enjoy N frames, and love the .45 acp cartridge, through the course of time and much experience have found that I am best served with .44 caliber N frames.

If I want to shoot ACP in a revolver, I do so in a single action Ruger convertible, reloading with my 1911 Wilson Combat mags. In fact I usually wear my single action holster along with 2 Milt Sparks double mag pouches when out shooting desert Jacks.

Here is a pic of a good morning of single action shooting. Though I was actually using an old .357 flattop that morning.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b109/IV_Troop/125-1.jpg

Sooie
02-18-13, 00:09
Those are all sweet. Id like a gp100 in .45 acp

S391
02-18-13, 20:13
Smith & Wesson 625's are GREAT guns!

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b283/S682/IMG_1986.jpg

GLShooter
04-27-13, 19:30
I've always liked the 25-2's. Shot quite a few matches with them and had 100% reliability. I have a stock one and then I have the Ferrari version. It was built back in the early 80's. This one won me three US National IPSC Revolver awards. Quite a change from A to B don't you think?

A

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj42/GLShooter/PISTOL%20PICS/SW25-21.jpg

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj42/GLShooter/PISTOL%20PICS/SW25-22.jpg

B

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj42/GLShooter/PISTOL%20PICS/Weddle25-21.jpg

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj42/GLShooter/PISTOL%20PICS/Weddle25-22.jpg

Greg

Hizzie
04-27-13, 19:37

Charter Arms is planning to release the PitBull in 45acp late this year.

Mossyrock
11-13-13, 15:37
Taurus made the model 455 in .45ACP that uses their proprietary "Stellar Moon Clip". It was a 5-shot revolver available in 2" and 4" models, in stainless and Titanium. I have owned two of the 2" stainless models, and found them to be very handy little revolvers.....but I have yet to find one with anything approaching reliability. Both of them have had serious problems with misfiring, regardless of ammo, type and power of springs and clip use. Poor execution of a good idea. Too bad.

alcante262
11-15-13, 04:07
I have both the 625 and the M25-5.Both are great.I would carry the M25-5,I like the cartridge.I just need to find a way to carry it.I dont think inside the waistband.Maybe Shoulder holster ro some kind of conceable belt holster.

Dienekes
12-22-13, 18:44
Quote: "Where I find the ACP in a revolver to really shine is in single action guns, such as Ruger convertibles.

They are quick to eject, due to the shorter case length. You can load them with 200 grain SWCs to punch nice neat holes in paper or game, or with JHPs or whatever. On that note, I have found 200 grain lead SWCs do a very nice job on small game. The projectile cuts a nice clean hole and reliably anchors game. Quite often I have found that the factory JHP, designed for 2 legged aggressors simply punches through smaller targets and acts much like an FMJ."

Cut my teeth on 1911s long ago. Always liked 1917s and N frames generally, but they are BIG for my hands. When Ruger reintroduced the .45 convertibles circa 1996 I jumped on a 4 5/8". Nice wide, comfortable grip, fairly low bore axis, weight about 38 ounces empty, and very handy. I probably shoot it better than any other big bore revolver and just plain like it. A lot of bang for the buck.

Little Creek
12-26-13, 06:33
Mr. Smith,

Which do you like better for all purpose shooting: fiber optic, patridge, or gold bead? I am assuming a Bowman style rear sight.

Thanks,

LC

Mr. Smith
12-26-13, 07:19
Mr. Smith,

Which do you like better for all purpose shooting: fiber optic, patridge, or gold bead? I am assuming a Bowman style rear sight.

Thanks,

LC

The fiber optic gives the best sight picture but it is to gentile for hard work.
Black on black works on limited targets.
Gold beed is a good all around compromise but a bit big for fine work.

There is no free lunch

Lost River
01-08-14, 09:34
Quote: "Where I find the ACP in a revolver to really shine is in single action guns, such as Ruger convertibles.

They are quick to eject, due to the shorter case length. You can load them with 200 grain SWCs to punch nice neat holes in paper or game, or with JHPs or whatever. On that note, I have found 200 grain lead SWCs do a very nice job on small game. The projectile cuts a nice clean hole and reliably anchors game. Quite often I have found that the factory JHP, designed for 2 legged aggressors simply punches through smaller targets and acts much like an FMJ."

Cut my teeth on 1911s long ago. Always liked 1917s and N frames generally, but they are BIG for my hands. When Ruger reintroduced the .45 convertibles circa 1996 I jumped on a 4 5/8". Nice wide, comfortable grip, fairly low bore axis, weight about 38 ounces empty, and very handy. I probably shoot it better than any other big bore revolver and just plain like it. A lot of bang for the buck.

True, they are a lot of bang for the buck.
They are also built like a tank and it is not often you see one with any mechanical issues. For a backcountry woods/desert/mountains gun, they are phenomenally practical.

Ned Christiansen
01-08-14, 12:17
Formerly a Mod. 58, now a Mod. 25-Ned. I wanted a fixed-sights 25 and they weren't making it (1985 or so). I did not want to just replace the barrel so I sleeved the .41 barrel with one made from a Colt SAA barrel.... allowing me to keep the original profile. This part I would not do again, but I did a short-cylinder job on it since the ACP is not that long. I just don't like the looks of it. Bored the .41 Mag chambers to .45 ACP, faces off the back of the cylinder a little, and did a K-frame roundbutt on it.

http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo125/NedChristiansen/DSC02685.jpg

http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo125/NedChristiansen/DSC02687.jpg

http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo125/NedChristiansen/DSC02688.jpg

Mr. Smith
01-08-14, 19:18
Formerly a Mod. 58, now a Mod. 25-Ned. I wanted a fixed-sights 25 and they weren't making it (1985 or so). I did not want to just replace the barrel so I sleeved the .41 barrel with one made from a Colt SAA barrel.... allowing me to keep the original profile. This part I would not do again, but I did a short-cylinder job on it since the ACP is not that long. I just don't like the looks of it. Bored the .41 Mag chambers to .45 ACP, faces off the back of the cylinder a little, and did a K-frame roundbutt on it.

http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo125/NedChristiansen/DSC02685.jpg

http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo125/NedChristiansen/DSC02687.jpg

http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo125/NedChristiansen/DSC02688.jpg

If people only new how much work the barrel is!

Ned Christiansen
01-08-14, 22:14
Here's a bowling-pin-whackin' Mod. 25 I did for a lefty in 1991.

http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo125/NedChristiansen/Mod25LHlatchampcomp.jpg

SeriousStudent
01-08-14, 23:31
Ned, I appreciate the work you did on that Model 58 conversion. I do like the large .45 revolvers, and I bet yours shoots very well.

I really do love those old Bianchi grips. I've got a pair on a Model 60 in .357, and it makes it a great topcoat gun in the winter time. I wish they would make another batch of those grips, they are really hard to find.

Ned Christiansen
01-08-14, 23:46
I didn't know they were out of print, too bad especially since they don't last forever. Maybe we can get VZ Grips to make something like it?

SeriousStudent
01-09-14, 00:23
That would be pretty interesting to try out. I like their 1911 grips.

I might just send him my J-frame grips in the spring, and see what he could do in linen micarta.

brushy bill
01-11-14, 12:40
If these grips were available again, I might pick up an older S&W to go with them. Hope that VZ idea works out.