PDA

View Full Version : my first build

dmfisher71
07-25-12, 17:43
ok this will be the second AR i will have owned but first one that will be custom built.... i started with a Wilson Combat stripped lower, used a lower parts kit w/trigger from R-Guns we polished the mating surfaces of the trigger and modified the trigger spring for a lighter pull (estimated around 4-5 pounds), has mil spec buffer tube with"H" buffer and a Rodgers Superstock (very nice)..... will be matching with a Wilson Combat upper with BCM bolt carrier and BCM gunfighter charge handle, will be using 18" barrel (not sure what yet), and will probably be using eotech up top.... open to any suggestions and thanks for looking....have agreat day

Col_Crocs
07-25-12, 19:03
Why an 18" barrel and an eotech?

BarryO
07-31-12, 07:23
I have no idea where I'm posting this tripe.

polymorpheous
07-31-12, 07:44
OP, please read the sticky threads at the top of this custom build sub-forum and the AR general discussion and technical discussion.
It will answer a lot of your questions and give you a feel for what this forum is about.

So why are you building this rifle?
What purpose do you intend for it to fulfill?
What is your experience with your 1st AR that maybe makes you want to do things differently this time around?

dmfisher71
07-31-12, 10:11
My first AR was a dpms and I just did not like it Was not accuratE at all. So I decided to go with this just to target with mainly. It will be a while before its done but it will be exactly how I want it. This is my first build with the assistance of a friends showing me how it is done

devinsdad
07-31-12, 11:27
Is your LPK stainless or did you end up polishing all of the LPK parts? I ask cause from the pic, it looks like all of the visable parts are silver instead of black. Looks like a good start.

dmfisher71
07-31-12, 19:41
No the lpk is all actually a nickel color from factory only part we polished is where the trigger and hammer meet. I actually think the color looks great on the black lower receiver and that lpk kit we liked better than the Wilson kit and it also came with the grip (just a basic one) lpk kit was only like $70 all pins were metal no plastic

polymorpheous
07-31-12, 20:01
Don't forget to stake that castle nut.

TacticalSledgehammer
07-31-12, 20:26
Who are "we"?

Is this going to be a father/son project? Sounds like fun either way. Enjoy!

dmfisher71
07-31-12, 20:28
I have a friend of mine showing me how to assemble this so I know it's done right

Frag Out Inc
08-11-12, 15:16
Looks great so far! Make sure to keep coming back to this post with update picture for we can watch your progression through your first build.