PDA

View Full Version : Just installed my Trausch grips...

Straight Shooter
07-26-12, 07:40
I decide to start a new thread on this, you can read whats happened previously a few threads below.
I recieved my Trausch SP101 grips yesterday, and just a bit ago installed them.
Boys, if they shoot as good as they feel dry firing, Ill be in .357 heaven!!
These grips feel superb, the grip angle is best Ive ever felt, and overall
quality is top notch. Ive practiced some draws from concealment, and these come up and line up faster than the Hogues I removed.
Also, these are built for speedloaders, and my Comp 2's line up and insert with ease, got a lot more room than the Hogues. Speedstrips are no problem, either, of course.
Ill try to get some range time this weekend, Ive got a few boxes of .357 Gold Dots and +P .38's I want to wring out.
One more thing...Ive seen others say the only thing they didnt like was it made the gun harder to conceal. I do not see this..yet. That is something I will check for on the range, tho.

08-17-12, 06:55
I will be really interested to follow your thoughts on these because I just picked up an SP101. I ran a set of Trausch grips on a Beretta and really liked them.

Straight Shooter
08-17-12, 07:46
THANKS 167-
I have tried many grips on many handguns. These are some of the best for me. I really recommend them for the SP101, they do a tremendous job of helping with the stouter .357 loads and just have a better overall "feel" and pointability to them.
I do not think youll be disappointed with them.

Noodles
08-19-12, 20:58
Good timing, I just installed mine last week on my SP-101 4" and just got to shoot them today. LOVE THEM. I didn't like the bobtail on the hogues and the stock grip while lovely in the 4" is just not big enough for my hands.

Grips are subjective, but I like these quite a bit. I will say, that shooting mixed 38 and 357, it was a lot harder to tell which was which with the Traush grips. If I paid attention I could tell, but otherwise I wouldn't really notice.

I actually messed up and ordered two and have one set nib left over, I was going to post them on TOS EE tomorrow, probably this EE too.