PDA

View Full Version : pre ban mags?

Rwatts62081
07-26-12, 18:03
I have some used GI 30rd mags..

2 are Adventure Line MFG.
2 are Parsons Precision Products
and 1 is a Okay Industries with 33710 6-91 stamped on the left side of the mag body.

all 5 have black followers, are these prebans and if so how much would they be worth if i wanted to sell? they have a good bit of wear on them.

Iraqgunz
07-26-12, 22:46
The same question has been asked before many times use the search feature.

interfan
07-27-12, 02:05
Point taken

indawire
07-27-12, 06:34
The Founding Fathers would have locked these clowns in the stocks and got the branding iron heated up. We've got a legislative gang of card sharks dealing from the bottom, this type of rider should never see the light of day.

Stretz Tactical Inc
07-27-12, 07:18
The Founding Fathers would have locked these clowns in the stocks and got the branding iron heated up. .

Not according to michael moore - I saw that d'bag on one of the news channels the other night saying that our founding fathers "had guns that shot a ball bearing and took 15 minutes to reload...if they could look in to the future... yada yada" He basically said the constitution needs to be updated... this country is in trouble!

Iraqgunz
07-27-12, 15:56
FYI- quit hijacking every thread with this amendment that will ban hi cap magazines. Its being discussed already.

dsk
07-29-12, 15:28
I have some used GI 30rd mags..

2 are Adventure Line MFG.
2 are Parsons Precision Products
and 1 is a Okay Industries with 33710 6-91 stamped on the left side of the mag body.

all 5 have black followers, are these prebans and if so how much would they be worth if i wanted to sell? they have a good bit of wear on them.

There's no longer any such thing as "pre-ban" unless you live where a local copy of the AWB was put into place. Take a look at the price of new-in-wrap GI mags and you'll quickly get the hint that well-worn GI mags aren't worth much at all at this point in time. You might be able to sell all of your mags to somebody for a combined $40 or so. If the antis get their wish in a couple of years that of course will change, and we'll be seeing worn-out dented GI mags selling for $60 apiece like we did back in '94-'04.

Iraqgunz
07-29-12, 16:12
dsk,

He is in fact talking about those who live in states where standard capacity magazines are still banned.

There's no longer any such thing as "pre-ban" unless you live where a local copy of the AWB was put into place. Take a look at the price of new-in-wrap GI mags and you'll quickly get the hint that well-worn GI mags aren't worth much at all at this point in time. You might be able to sell all of your mags to somebody for a combined $40 or so. If the antis get their wish in a couple of years that of course will change, and we'll be seeing worn-out dented GI mags selling for $60 apiece like we did back in '94-'04.

jeep4life
07-29-12, 16:50
I live in ny and let me tell you in sucks! You have to search and search for 20yr old mags. then you have to replace the followers and springs to make them useable again, when the only difference in the floor plate saying a company that is out of business. I could use a brand new body(provided it didnt have any leo or a date after 94 on it), follower spring, but if I replace the floor plate with a new one its illegal. Drives me crazy. ill buy the mags from the op if there not gone already.