PDA

View Full Version : 4th time a charm? Insane county/state government vehicle registration....

Belmont31R
07-26-12, 22:29
If you read the thread on us getting kicked out of the house....we basically have one last matter to attend to.

So we have this vehicle that is being transferred via a "gift" so we don't have to pay sales tax. It actually is a gift since no money has changed hands. Just a transfer of title and getting the registration in our name (wife and I). Vehicle was paid for in cash so no liens, ect.

Since my deceased mom is on the title when it was purchased, and my dad is out of the country my sister has a general POA for my dad, and we got all the forms the tax office said to get notarized, and my sister signed under my dads name, and then signed for my mothers name exactly how the tax office said to. Since it was signed under a POA my sister had already called the tax office and they said we need "a copy" of the POA. So we take that in, and the lady says a copy of the POA is no good. So my wife text my sister, and says we need the original signed copy of the POA. The original is being held by the county, and it was signed as such before the notary public. So the county has the original POA, and the county tax office has to have the original POA. We go back again, and they say the county can stamp as a certified copy. So now my sister has to go to the county courthouse (30 min away one way), get a copy from this office, give it to us, just so we can hand it to the same county's tax office. All this stuff is online. The POA and my mother's death certificate. I say the death certificate because we had a to get supplemental form notarized about "heir ship".

So now my sister is getting us a certified copy of the POA mailed to us from the county, and then we have to hand it to the county tax office. This seems absurd to me. Faxed documents are considered legal documents....why can't the county office fax the POA to the tax office? Its a LEGAL document!? So we are basically doing the work of the county for them. As I said all this stuff is online on the county website.

What REALLY pisses me off is this faggots want to complain about Voter ID law...but we can't transfer a vehicle between our own family without a a few notary stamps, a certified copy of the POA we have to hand deliver from one county office to another, we have to sign documents in front of the county office worker, ect. Yet voting for the fags that put all these laws into place should be as easy as showing up to the booth and giving any old name out with no ID verification?

Then the bastards want government run health care. I say do it, and see how these liberals feel about it after it takes them 6 months to get scheduled for a doctors visit along with a mountain of paperwork. I actually really don't like the texas government for how it chooses to handle things. Its not nearly as "small government" as people would think this state should be. It was easier filing my Federal taxes and getting money back than this BS. Its easier to vote in elections than this BS.

FWIW I have dealt with title transfers in 2 countries and 3 states, and Williamson County TX is by far the worst. As I mentioned my mothers death certificate and this POA is already on file with the Williamson County government. I have done title transfers in California, and Washington. Both were 5 minutes in and out once I got to a desk, and walked out with new plates in hand. This experience in Williamson County/TX is by far the worst Ive ever had with the insane amount of paperwork needed, notary stamps, certified copies of documents already on file with the same local government, ect. Not to mention, even without the POA or notary signatures....all I needed in CA or WA was the title with the signature of the seller.

feedramp
07-27-12, 00:48
Yeah, that sucks.

chadbag
07-27-12, 00:57
Any bureaucracy will rise to the level of its incompetence. Especially in the government. They want to make themselves feel needed and useful. DMV is usually near the top if not the top of the list.

Though I've never had anything this bad before. Granted, my mom wasn't deceased but my dad sold me a car for 1 cent and the title change was a form, and some money and I was done. And this was in Massachusetts (granted it was 1988).

Even registering my US built VW Golf in Germany, from Massachusetts plates to German plates, was not this hard in terms of paperwork and bureaucratic hassle etc. I had to have a wicked expensive inspection done on it, but it was straightforward to schedule and get done. (And I had to have some changes made to make it "German spec" before the inspection including getting a German VIN plate added to the chassis as the US VIN plate was in the wrong place or something... It was a hassle, but a straight forward, check off the boxes to make it compliant with German law type things. Not this "let's hassle them because we can" type of crap ike you described. Actual registration and "title"-equivalent changeover was short and easy and done quickly at the government office responsible)

---

Moose-Knuckle
07-27-12, 03:03
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a144/AKS-74/redtape.jpg

MistWolf
07-27-12, 03:38
Typical example of the Washington Red Tape Run Arounds.

I was exiled to Texas for 3 years. It ain't what they tell us. Anyone that tells you Texas is God's Country is either delusional or lying. I had such a hard time trying to get a car I bought registered in Texas, I finally abandoned it and moved to Utah