PDA

View Full Version : Welching

Belmont31R
07-27-12, 00:40
Ive posted numerous feedback threads on welching, and nothing ever seems to get done.

Im pissed about this latest one, and it seems like m4c doesn't take EE issues seriously. Am I supposed to post another feedback thread that gets no attention while these members are allowed to continue to use the EE while reneging on deals and screwing over sellers?

warpigM-4
07-27-12, 01:24
Between 0 post folks and absurd low balling even after Price was stated "FIRM". i have had better luck selling items on TOS EE with no problems :blink:

Deuce
07-27-12, 04:14
Should there be a permaban instituted here for welchers like on other forums? /sarc

OP, just pointing out the irony of the thread considering you've been banned elsewhere for doing exactly what you describe. Not jumping you here, I get why you did it and I agree to a point but it seems like splitting hairs a bit.

Leave the guy appropriate feedback and make a mental note to not deal with him again. You're likely to see it more and more often while we stay in a recession. It's a minor annoyance at best, just like tire kickers and lowballers. They're on all the forums.

rob_s
07-27-12, 04:41
Other than deals canceled when someone has driven to a meet that doesn't happen, I couldn't care less about "welching" and I'm glad the forum staff know when to stay out of personal problems.

Fraud is a different matter. As is stealing.

C4IGrant
07-27-12, 07:19
There is nothing that can be done about it. It happens on EVERY forum and happens to me all the time.

People are flakes. Just accept it and move on.

C4

SHIVAN
07-27-12, 08:42
The point of feedback threads is to warn the community, not for staff to take action in anyone's favor.

Reneging on a deal is a tough one, because you can have a lot of varying viewpoints on what happened, what constitutes a valid counteroffer, which takes the initial offer off the table, and can be left unanswered, even though a previous agreement was struck. One party could believe they refused a valid counteroffer, and the other expects the two parties to fall back to the previous valid offer.

The marketplace is a conduit, your business is your business. We will assist, when we can, and remove users who are attempting to defraud members. Otherwise, we will encourage both parties to reach an amicable arrangement, and that's about it.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
07-30-12, 01:37
Ive had multiple welchers back out of sales, and Ive had to do it myself once or twice as well. As long as the welcher offers an explanation and an apology then why cause all of this drama? If no money was exchanged and no one pulled a no show at a FTF meet, then there shouldn't even be a negative or a neutral rating given. Its honestly just cry-babyish, honestly. I had a welcher back out of a $210 deal just today, he apologized, and even though I was miffed I did the grown up thing and forgave him, then contacted the guy next in line and boom, item sold.

SHIVAN
07-30-12, 09:25
...and Ive had to do it myself once or twice as well.

Yeah, I can see where that might cloud one's viewpoint on this issue.

In a personal sale, you should not commit to buying something, unless you are able to buy it. Period.

When you commit, other interested buyers are told that a buyer has been found and then those other buyers move on. When someone welches, those buyers are now gone, but the person had a sale if you hadn't gone back on your word.

If your word is no good, in an internet buying forum, on what should we rely?

That being said, if I see this sort of attitude getting more prevalent, we will start investigating welching, and start making it a "site access" issue.