PDA

View Full Version : Local range shut down due to noise

turdbocharged
07-27-12, 09:11
http://m.morningjournal.com/morningjournal/pm_109008/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=1ITiHqpS

What this article doesnt tell you is that 1, they moved there in 1999 & the range was there in 1986. And 2, the asshole who started the lawsuit was a member of the club and let his membership expire, then he wanted back in and they told him to get in line.

Place is in the country too. And when I was a member we really did try to tone it down for that dickhead. They made rules like one shot per second, no shooting offhand, and they adjusted their hours to better suit him. Seriously though who the **** moves to a house with a range next door and has the nerve and self entitlement to shut it down.

Magic_Salad0892
07-27-12, 09:20
Make suppressors manditory. Solved. :p

turdbocharged
07-27-12, 10:13
Hahaha Never thought of that one ;)

nimdabew
07-27-12, 12:06
It looks like it was written as a zoning issue, not a sound issue.

Spiffums
07-27-12, 16:21
Maybe he needed a visit from "good ole boys" and get his ass kicked at Walmart or something over it.

CarlosDJackal
07-29-12, 12:06
The club opened the range without obtaining the proper zoning variance, according to the ruling from Binette.

This suckss. But this is not the first club I have heard who got themselves into a bind because they chose to ignore the zoning procedures that govern who and what can be built on their property.

My club is currently having its outdoor ranges improved. We made sure that the contractor obtained the proper paperwork before any work was started.

I hope other clubs start understanding that all thiss does is give the anti-gunners more reason to drag clubs into court.

Moose-Knuckle
07-29-12, 18:35
We had an outdoor range shut down here for the same reasons. Problem is that it was there LONG BEFORE the city expanded and zoned the area. :mad:

Use to shoot with several area SWAT teams out there, IDPA guys, and a local Police chief who would bring out his .50 BMG Barrett.