PDA

View Full Version : More disapointment from supposed Right wing talkers.

Abraxas
07-27-12, 11:55
Did any of you hear Michael Savage the other night rant about how we need to outlaw high capacity mags and body armor?

ryr8828
07-27-12, 15:43
Did any of you hear Michael Savage the other night rant about how we need to outlaw high capacity mags and body armor?
Savage is an idiot. I wish the local am would replace him with someone else.

Redmanfms
07-27-12, 15:50
Savage is a hatemonger anyway.

Caeser25
07-27-12, 15:54
Really, Savage?

LowSpeed_HighDrag
07-27-12, 18:11

I did. What really cracked me up was his tirade on why Batman is evil right afterwards. What an idiot.

Honu
07-27-12, 19:43
seems the fringe on both sides are a bit nuts and we could all do without hearing them spout :)

OH WAIT I CAN so nope did not hear him do not listen to him :)

jaxman7
07-27-12, 21:14
That's just disappointing hearing this about Savage. I used to listen to him while stationed at Ft. Benning and when I lived in Snellville, GA (right outside of Atlanta). He was always a bit of a nut to me. I would listen to his show for a while and then he would gradually build into this crescendo of screaming and...well then it was time to turn the channel.

-Jax

07-27-12, 22:12
Savage does make some good points, but he has always pissed me off when discussing 2A.

CarlosDJackal
07-29-12, 12:27
Who the hell is Michael Savage, Bil O'reilly, Michael Bloomberg, etc? And why are they suddenly being given any air time much less discussed in this forum?

Armati
07-29-12, 14:48
Savage is my favorite radio guy. Of course, I don't agree with everything he says. He is dead wrong this particular issue. However, he is expressing the Fudd position on this. I would hazard to guess half of the gun owners in this country are Fudds. Of course, most gun owners now know what the game is (ban all guns) and even the most 'reasonable and moderate' gun owner is reluctant to give an inch.

'Our' community is a rather small segment of the gun owning public. Most shooters (even people here) do not own a full set of military style kit (body armor, plates, gun belt, associated weapons, lights, lasers).

Never the less, if you actually listen to Savage he puts most of the blame with Hollywood. He fully supports CCW as way to prevent these sorts of shootings.

It is worth noting that in the days after he came out against drums, he spent the next few days off the air.

Cesiumsponge
07-29-12, 19:26
When will people realize that the job of folks in TV and radio is primarily to ENTERTAIN?

They're entertainers.

They draw your attention by being funny or pissing you off. The longer they can hold your attention, the most commercial sponsors you'll sit through. Sometimes having a sensible discussion is boring and boring doesn't sell, so these people need to say outlandish things to rankle the listeners and viewers. You flip through the TV and radio until you find an entertainer that more reflects your views. Then you spend an hour or two of your day laughing or screaming at them.

FromMyColdDeadHand
07-29-12, 19:28
What do you call a government critic who is against gun rights?

A potential political prisoner.

rojocorsa
07-29-12, 20:02
"Listening to media personalities and politicians pontificating on firearms and firearms laws is like listening to eighth graders pontificate on sex.

They sure don’t let lack of any first hand knowledge dampen their enthusiastically-held opinions." -Tamara

platoonDaddy
07-29-12, 20:07
Savage & Imus are idiots, he and Imus are two social progressives.

Armati
07-29-12, 22:38
Savage a social progressive? How do you figure that?

SMETNA
07-30-12, 00:11
What is it with so many Jews wanting to ban guns? Schummer, Bloomberg, Feinstein, Wasserman Shultz, Savage, Kristol, etc. You'd think they'd remember what happened just some 70 years ago in Europe.

Armati
07-30-12, 09:37
Savage brings up this point all of the time.

Savage is very pro-gun. He owns at least one handgun, a shotgun, and two rifles that he talks about. I believe he is a CA CCW holder. Again, he is just off the reservation on hi-cap mags. In particular he was talking about 50rd drums. I am not sure what his position is on 20-30rd mags. Again, if you are a gun owner over 60 there is a high probability that you are a Fudd.

M4arc
07-30-12, 09:50
Do you guys know how to get douchebags like Savage and O’Rielly to shut up? Turn off your radio and TV. ;)

Matthew
07-30-12, 10:18
Do you guys know how to get douchebags like Savage and O’Rielly to shut up? Turn off your radio and TV. ;)

Very true. Politicians only listen when it comes to threats regarding their re-election, those in the media only listen when their ratings suffer.

Unfortunately, I think O'Reilly has been sniffing the same thing Bloomberg has; both think they are always right, only their viewpoints are valid and coherent, and everyone who disagrees is simply not intelligent enough to understand.

Armati
07-30-12, 14:42

Street Fight 101:

You are in a fight, you are either on this side of the street or that side of the street.

On any given day one of the talkers may say something you don't like. But I am sure most here would take their brand of politics over the outright Marxism found in the MSM, most universities, and half of the politicians in this country.