PDA

View Full Version : AR15 SBR 7.5 Upper Question

MFWIC2
07-27-12, 12:12
Would this be worth picking up? Building a Pistol with a BCM Blem lower.

Model Name: THE DECIMATOR (that which inflicts great destruction on…) ** Hard Coat Anodized Mil-Spec Upper Receiver – Forged 7075 T6 Aluminum ** ** Flat Top w/ M4 Feed Ramps Complete w/ Ejection Port Cover & Forward Assist Assembly ** ** Black 7" (DTI) Del-Ton Inc. Barrel w/ 1x9 Twist ** Please note that the stainless steel barrel is shown in the photos and that this auction is for an all black DTI barrel ** (YHM) Yankee Hill Machine Diamond Series Full-Float 4 Rail Handguard ** Carbine Length Handguard – 6061 T6 Aluminum – Hardcoated to Military Specs Extended Top Rail Design Eliminates Gap at the Upper Receiver – Includes Anti-Rotation Screws ** (YHM) Yankee Hill Machine Full-Float Barrel Nut ** ** Mil-Spec A2 Flash Suppressor w/ SS Crush Washer ** ** Mini Gas Block & Gas Tube ** ** Interchangeably Chambered in .223 & 5.56mm NATO ** ** Professionally Assembled, Test-Fired, & Fine-Tuned for Precision **

Keebsley
07-27-12, 12:45
What's the mission? What's the role? Range toy? Home defense? Executive protection? PDW type? Just to have?

Someone that's forgotten more than I know said it best: The mission drives the gear train.

MFWIC2
07-27-12, 12:56
Mostly for PDW & truck gun.
Back up for my SBR but in a smaller consealable/compact weapon.

Ghost__1
07-27-12, 13:30
I personally really enjoy my 7.5" Diablo. Its short enough to go anywhere with me. It fits in a large backpack without breaking down.

However my rifle is piston operated. From what I understand is that these DI shorty's are extremely over-gassed and hard to get to function right. I'm sure someone with more experience with DI SBRs will chime in shortly. I do know that the DI system was never intended to be shorter than 18" and unless you go with a reputable manufacturer hard to tune even the 10.5" bbl. The reputable one's seem to have it figured out alot better to run really well.

Another trade off is the amount of velocity lost. Not a big deal to me because I know the realistic distances I would ever need to engage a threat. May be more important to you though. Should be somewhere around 1700 1800fps from that barrel.