PDA

View Full Version : Outer and Inner pins in a German P226

Swatieson
07-27-12, 15:22
Hello,

I have a previously owned P226 and I wanted to clean it thoroughly. Problem is I am unable to drift brand new breech block pins in the slide. The are just slightly too big.

How are you supposed to install them?

:fie:

Kind regards.

K.O.A.M.
07-30-12, 14:22
Outer pin is at 12 O'clock, Inner pin at 6. I went to Sig Armorer last week, which is the source of my information.

Microalign
07-30-12, 16:42
They are supposed to be snug. As the previous poster said, the outter pin is orientied to the 12 o'clock, and the inner pin is oriented to the 6 o'clock. Just be careful not to ding up your slide when hammering. A dead blow hammer is best because it doesn't rebound as bad on impact.

runifucan
07-31-12, 02:50
Don't start them in flush with each other. Start the large pin in then put the small pin inside the large.

operator81
07-31-12, 03:28
Don't start them in flush with each other. Start the large pin in then put the small pin inside the large.

This. If everything is lined up correctly they go right in. I just tapped lightly a little each time. If you're having to hammer on them something might not be lined up quite right.

signal4l
07-31-12, 05:42
Make sure you use a roll pin punch. A flat punch will mess up the pins. This is worth the $22:

http://www.topgunsupply.com/sig-sauer-armorers-course-dvd_p-series.html