PDA

View Full Version : Got my first AR yesterday

coloradorockin
07-28-12, 15:49
Well finally broke down and got my first ar, thinking it is a good time to do so before they try to change things with all thats been going on lately, I got a Colt LE6920MD-FDE from a local person here in the springs for 1100, thought it was a fair deal. Got frog lube on it today and am itching to go get some dings and scratches on it. Ordered 1000 rounds of pcm amo that should come in this week, and am itchin to go run a bunch through. Thank You for all of the information here that helped make me decide that this was probably the best bang for the buck. Time to go sniff some gunpowder. :dance3:

badness
07-28-12, 16:08
yay facebook4carbine.net

M4arc
07-28-12, 17:11
yay facebook4carbine.net

Ah, cut him some slack. We were all excited when we got our first AR.

kenken
07-28-12, 17:45
yay facebook4carbine.net

Yea, shit-o-mighty, take it easy. He just got his first. :dirol:
Everyone is so tense around here. (there is one on just about every thread lately)

kenken

zb39
07-28-12, 18:19
I was all excited when I built my first AR back in 77. I couldn't afford a Colt then. No internet to tell everyone either. I still get excited when I buy or build one. Lets see some pics of that new one. Sounds nice and was a great buy. Enjoy it!

bradb55
07-28-12, 18:29
Congrats on the purchase! Good call on the ammo. Shoot the shit out of it and take a course or two.

coloradorockin
07-28-12, 19:52
yay facebook4carbine.net

Edited. Take it easy. - M4arc

GeorgiaBoy
07-28-12, 20:06
Edited - M4arc

Don't let the bad apples influence your use of the site.

coloradorockin
07-28-12, 20:17
Don't let the bad apples influence your use of the site.

Sorry not used to being treated like that, I am a 58 year old professional that doesn't do facebook nor do i do twitter and probably own more guns than the majority of people on this site, This was my first AR and was excited to get one in my hands and was excited to finally have one after years of putting it off. Didn't expect an assinine response like that to my otherwise happy post. My apologies for getting my dander up.

Grim Fandango
07-28-12, 20:35
Well finally broke down and got my first ar, thinking it is a good time to do so before they try to change things with all thats been going on lately, I got a Colt LE6920MD-FDE from a local person here in the springs for 1100, thought it was a fair deal. Got frog lube on it today and am itching to go get some dings and scratches on it. Ordered 1000 rounds of pcm amo that should come in this week, and am itchin to go run a bunch through. Thank You for all of the information here that helped make me decide that this was probably the best bang for the buck. Time to go sniff some gunpowder. :dance3:

Sounds like you got a great deal. I saw those fde versions at the last gun show. To be precise, I saw two of them, both for nearly $1500. Did you buy any magazines, other than what came with the rifle? The last time I bought rifle ammo, I bought exactly enough magazines to load it all. Admittedly, that was only 420 rounds, compared to your thousand.

badness
07-28-12, 20:35
haha funny when the mods say the same thing no one says a damn thing about. So that being said, i don't see how that was being a "butthead" or how my post was idiotic or somehow me being a "bad apple". When i bought my first ar, I didn't join a forum solely to make a post about it.

coloradorockin
07-28-12, 20:56
haha funny when the mods say the same thing no one says a damn thing about. So that being said, i don't see how that was being a "butthead" or how my post was idiotic or somehow me being a "bad apple". When i bought my first ar, I didn't join a forum solely to make a post about it.

I joined a couple of months ago and did a lot of reading here including various peoples opinions in my quest to decide which gun was the one to purchase, I did not in fact join solely to make a post about it thank you very much. I do tend to study prior to making a purchase which I did here and thanks to the information i gained here along with some postings by some good folks I was able to gain the information needed to get what I consider to be the right gun. So rest assured you are mistaken about joining a forum to "solely make a post about it". Your ability to rain on another persons parade is not appreciated and kind of uncalled for. Again have a great day.

DeRp
07-28-12, 20:58

Just because you didn't means no one can? Are you upset that he did? Did it hurt your feelings? Cry in your mothers arms if you don't like the fact that a man is expressing his excitement for his new purchase.

OP, you got a fine deal. I wouldn't mind owning one of those myself lol

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

badness
07-28-12, 21:04
Just because you didn't means no one can? Are you upset that he did? Did it hurt your feelings? Cry in your mothers arms if you don't like the fact that a man is expressing his excitement for his new purchase.

OP, you got a fine deal. I wouldn't mind owning one of those myself lol

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Apparently no, they can't. Seeing how i've seen mods close threads for the very ****en thing that he posted. But you're just another group think bandwagon jumper that decided to put your 2 cents in because all of a sudden another mod stated that it's ok. I check this forum almost every day. It gets sickening seeing people make a post doing absolutely nothing but stating the fact that they bought an ar. Just as it is when they start posting 50 million pictures in different threads all over the place.

coloradorockin
07-28-12, 21:06
Sounds like you got a great deal. I saw those fde versions at the last gun show. To be precise, I saw two of them, both for nearly $1500. Did you buy any magazines, other than what came with the rifle? The last time I bought rifle ammo, I bought exactly enough magazines to load it all. Admittedly, that was only 420 rounds, compared to your thousand.

I saw them all over the board from a low of $1050 all the way up to $1600 in searching for one. Found a guy here that volunteers for the sherrifs department here in colorado springs (ex marine) great guy and he fixed me up. Could have probably saved about 50 bucks on the net but would rather do business locally if the difference is small. Grabagun has em for 1050 now i think. smokin deal with the MP furniture . I got 10 pmag 30 round clipswith see through he gave me a discount on them as well as a very nice 2 gun cary bag for a discount. He added a lever to the charger button that ends up allowing me to charge the open chamber with my right trigger finger which I find real convenient. Can't wait to go out and fire this puppy. Thanks for your reply, appreciated.

polymorpheous
07-28-12, 21:11
Sounds like you are doing everything right OP.

Did you pick up magazines?
Get a good sling?
What do you intend the rifle be used for?

If I had the monies, I'd pick one I these FDE 6920's.

coloradorockin
07-28-12, 21:22
Sounds like you are doing everything right OP.

Did you pick up magazines?
Get a good sling?
What do you intend the rifle be used for?

If I had the monies, I'd pick one I these FDE 6920's.

Yup got the mags already, he had them there, only got the crap sling that came with it and for now my main purpose is to just shoot the darn thing, I have been through a couple of classes over the years and have a carry permit but have never been to a class for ARs which might be fun and educational. My main protection pieces to date are my sig 220 45 and my stoeger cougar 9mm (an inexpensive under rated gun), for carry as well as home defense, also at the house I have the 500 hand help cruiser 12 ga but I gotta say that puppy can hurt the hand and will need more practice to be able to hit the broadside of the barn. hip shootin takes practice i guess. Be well my friend.

badness
07-28-12, 21:22

I joined a couple of months ago and did a lot of reading here including various peoples opinions in my quest to decide which gun was the one to purchase, I did not in fact join solely to make a post about it thank you very much. I do tend to study prior to making a purchase which I did here and thanks to the information i gained here along with some postings by some good folks I was able to gain the information needed to get what I consider to be the right gun. So rest assured you are mistaken about joining a forum to "solely make a post about it". Your ability to rain on another persons parade is not appreciated and kind of uncalled for. Again have a great day.

Good. So you knew what people felt about posts like this but made it anyway. Knowing what i meant by my comment only proves this fact.

STAFF
07-28-12, 21:27
Have something of value to say to keep your pie hole shut.

coloradorockin
07-28-12, 21:27
Good. So you knew what people felt about posts like this but made it anyway. Knowing what i meant by my comment only proves this fact.

I am happy that you were able to massage your ego and were in fact able to prove your point, Now that you have accomplished such feel free to move on and leave this post alone. No need to continue down this path.

rob_s
07-28-12, 21:28
And the cheese continues to slide off the cracker.

STAFF
07-28-12, 21:39
OP, glad you like your gun. Thread has run its course.