PDA

View Full Version : What do I do with my Mega Monolithic?

CoryCop25
07-28-12, 21:34
I know that this is a dumb question but I am more curious as to what the general shooting public will say about this.

With the recent patent awarded to LMT and their failure to communicate with Mega Arms, what do you think owners of the Mega Mono rails should do with them?

The rails are very well made and mine has served me quite well. Does anyone think that they will have some value or should I just press on with a rifle that I use very often?
What say you?

AKDoug
07-28-12, 21:39
I'd shoot with it. I honestly don't believe that it would have any collector value in the future.

65StangBoy
07-29-12, 00:13
I've got one too and I'm gonna shoot it. They say they'll have a new version coming out in the future.

kmrtnsn
07-29-12, 01:09
If it were a car I'd say, "drive it like it's stolen", but it is a gun so I imagine you get the idea; shoot the damn thing and be done with it.

balloo93
07-29-12, 05:42
How many were made? I doubt they would turn into anything like the "China Doll Lowers" craze, but with lower production numbers come higher values.

far9mm
07-29-12, 08:29
I think it will be collectable but you should still use it.

lethal dose
07-29-12, 08:32
I foresee zero collector value considering the general population has never heard of mega. It's like trying to sell a noveske... nobody knows who they are and joe schmo wants an Olympic. Run it hard.

Brahmzy
07-29-12, 11:56
Use it - that's why you bought it right?

I very highly doubt there will be anything 'collectable' about it.
MEGAs already working on something 'cooler' than the monos. It'll be obsoleted soon.

SomeOtherGuy
07-29-12, 21:12
Use it and enjoy. No point trying to hold it as a collectible.

Kickin-Ewoks
07-30-12, 10:00
Keep using it! This news won't stop me from using mine. If the new version is as good as Mega is claiming it will be, our mono uppers will be obsolete and less desirable, to most people anyhow.

Mega does not have a huge following and you are not likely to sell a Mega rifle for what you put into it.

I am excited to see, and use, the "new version".

MrTips
07-30-12, 11:33
Can't imagine these increasing in value to the point that you'd be happy for restricting yourself from the joy of using it.