PDA

View Full Version : Insight Technology CVL Carbine Visible Laser

Armati
07-29-12, 12:44
What ever happened to the Insight CVL?

I know the CVL was pretty much made obsolete when most forces went to the PEQ-15. However, I still like the CVL. It is very light, durable, and uses AA batteries which is a huge plus for me.

Occasionally you can find find a CVL on Ebay but they are mostly not to be seen. Does anyone have any additional thoughts on the CVL?

Victor
07-29-12, 12:59
Was discontinued several years back. Heard they started making them again last year for a short time.

CVL was a reliable laser with a high price tag. Most folks have opted for the LDI OTAL or ITAL though with an aluminum body housing and a couple of hundred cheaper.

Vic

ClearedHot
07-29-12, 19:17
I also like running a separate visible laser, even though the PEQ-15 has one. That way it saves you from having to switch modes on the PEQ to get to the visible setting.

An M6X compliments the PEQ nicely. Especially when you have both hooked up to the Insight RMT-400-A8 dual switch.

El_Pistolero
08-08-12, 22:33
The CVL is a great laser but is a little pricey and only comes in red. I like the small size/weight. If Insight started producing them with a green laser I would buy one in a heartbeat.

El Pistolero
08-08-12, 22:45
The CVL is a great laser but is a little pricey and only comes in red. I like the small size/weight. If Insight started producing them with a green laser I would buy one in a heartbeat.

Hmm, I seem to have accidentally logged into a duplicate account I forgot I had....must get that fixed!