PDA

View Full Version : To whoever creates these thousand question online applications...

Belmont31R
07-30-12, 00:51
Yes.....they are stupid. Online applications are crap, and I hate the pseudo personality test.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
07-30-12, 01:02
Since I am separating from the military next month, Ive been doing a lot of online applications recently. I agree, they are absolute garbage. Brinks Security had a questionnaire that took me over an hour to complete.

Magic_Salad0892
07-30-12, 01:02
I miss when most applications were in person, with paper. And you had to go and talk to the hiring manager, and try to make a good impression and all.

Now everybody looks at your all retarded if you ask for an application.

I hate.

sadmin
07-30-12, 09:49
Not to mention the process is outdated. Once you know the person meets the job requirements on fundamental levels like degree (if necessary) and experience; the remainder of the questions are fluff. They should add questions about your interests and media tastes...these days I can tell more about a person based on what music, movies, websites, books, hobbies they are into rather than how they "felt" dealing with a potential hostile customer during their stint in retail 8 years ago.

My team would be built using individuals with similar cultural interests to enhance camaraderie, strong & open communication lines, and eagerness to participate...

Kfgk14
07-30-12, 11:58
I'm finding out all too quickly...my kid is driving age now, and he wants a dual-sport bike that I won't buy him, so summer jobs it is. I can actually hear him swearing at the Shaws application right now.