PDA

View Full Version : New Colt LE6920 finish/worksmanship less than desirable

texit
07-30-12, 09:29
I picked up a new in box Colt LE6920 from Bachman Pawn & Gun in Dallas on Thursday. I pointed out a few things at the store, and was told these things were normal. As I get home and inspect/clean the firearm I notice quite a few more dings/screw ups. In the store I pretty much told myself: "well, its a Colt". But when I got home these things started to irritate me. The gun was new in box, I pulled it out of the inner cardboard sleeve.

A thread on the buffer tube has its finish wore down to bare metal, the buffer tube has a gouge down to bare metal, two areas on the picatinny rails are dinged up, the area inside the trigger guard area has chips on all 4 corners (it looks like these were done before anodizing), various other little nicks/dings.

I just wanted to vent, the gun shoots great... but man I wish it didn't have all of these flaws. :mad:

I'll add pictures when I get home tonight. I keep telling myself its a tool, but its not working! hah.

Split66
07-30-12, 09:36
Shoot your weapon please. No one put a gun to your head and made you buy it so dont complain.

I dont get why you would post this when you engaged in the 7 or 8 page Colt finish shitstorm that farted up the boards last week. Should have just continued that abomination.......

texit
07-30-12, 09:43
Spit: I realize that, I just wanted to vent. I didn't want to continue that abomination, it got off topic.

BangBang77
07-30-12, 09:53
Not this again.....

Vgex2
07-30-12, 10:01
...I'll add pictures when I get home tonight...

Don't bother.

STAFF
07-30-12, 10:07
This has already been covered in this thread: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=109726

No need to start another one!