PDA

View Full Version : Who has a XTI Procyon mounted on a Glock

greyeyezz
07-30-12, 12:44
I'm trying to find out what latch bar will give me the least chance of this thing flying off. I have an aluminum and plastic latch bar. The aluminum one seems like it has more surface area. I'm using the black plastic one now. I haven't used the aluminum one much if at all.

Insight says the plastic one is the updated bar.

Its good for a few mags but eventually goes sailing. I guess the 357 Sig is too much for the unit. :rolleyes:

I would just get a x300 but I have a Bladetech holster made to the Procyon.

LightningFast
07-30-12, 13:07
Holsters are easy to replace. I'd sell the XTI and holster, buy an X300 and a new holster.

SW-Shooter
07-30-12, 21:22
I had the same problem with the Insight Tech XTI and a WX150 on my Glocks. I have one on my full size G21SF that has remained solid so far. But, I also had one fly off the gun (G19) during my 5 year CHL renewal(EMBARRASSING). For some reason it doesn't like the compacts G19/23/32 or G30SF.

I had to go with the Streamlight TLR-1S, for peace of mind. Ditch the Bladetech and get a IWB/OWB Raven Concealment, you will be much happier.

In my humble opinion, if this is your defense tool you should DX the Insight WX150 and go with either the Surefire X200/300 or Streamlight TLR-1S, and get yourself a shiny new RCS Phantom light Carrier holster to boot.

gunnut284
07-31-12, 05:01
I had one I used a bit on a G19 for a while with no issues. I think it had the plastic bar. I sold it to buy another TLR1 to standardize but the Procyon worked fine.

ffhounddog
07-31-12, 07:45
I use my WX-150s on the P2000 and Glock 23 gen4 without any problems. Might want to see how it is being held in the gun and are you using the correct piece? There are two bars in them to attach to the guns or to a rail.

greyeyezz
07-31-12, 08:32
I called Bladetech and they said send the holster in and they will remold it to fit a X300 free of charge. Pretty awesome CS I think.

Tango374
08-03-12, 21:30
My Procyon had a very loose fit on my G19. I never had an issue with the light flying off my pistol while at the range, but the thought of that happening was constantly on my mind.
The Procyon had way less play on my old USP with GG&G rail adaptor and I thought that was pretty bad.
I contacted Insight and explained the situation, a week or so later they sent me a new locking bar (plastic).
This new locking bar made zero improvements. Contacted Insight again and they had me send the light to them.
I got the light back with a plastic locking bar (no idea if its the same one as before) and was very impressed with how tightly the light locks onto my G19. Almost zero play. Only 200 or so rounds fired with the light on since I got it back, so I'll give it a few more hundred rounds before I have real confidence in it.