PDA

View Full Version : HEADS-UP!! Regarding Winchester Q4355 .40 S&W 180gr Bonded

JSantoro
07-30-12, 13:03
Worthy of independent verification if anybody has this stuff:

URGENT URGENT URGENT – ACTION REQUIRED TODAY

The FBI is working with Winchester on a potentially serious condition affecting all recently produced .40 S&W, Winchester, Q4355, 180grain, Bonded SERVICE ammunition. Some of the cartridge casings were produced without a flash hole. Thi...s condition completely eliminates the ability of this Service cartridge to fire – this is a “silent killer” in that no visual inspection by FBI personnel can detect this manufacturing defect and it would only be known at the time the Agent attempted to fire their handgun. A limited number of problems have been reported however this is such a dangerous condition immediate action across the FBI is necessary.

Affected ammunition will have a four character “day code”, two letters, two numbers, i.e., FA 42. All Q4355 with day codes beginning with the letter F and any Q4355 with the two letter combination of EN are included in this recall.

Again, boxed ammunition with the following codes must be removed from service IMMEDIATELY:

Product Code: Q4355

Day Code: Any code beginning with F or EN

See attached file for photo identifying the location of these codes on the ammunition box. (**not available**)

All unboxed .40 duty ammunition must be replaced as it is not possible to determine their manufacturing codes.

This recall only affects Winchester ammunition Q4355, 180grain, Bonded SERVICE with day codes outlined above.

RiddlerLS1
08-02-12, 17:53
I bought 500rnds of this ammo recently... where the crap is the day code found?

JSantoro
08-03-12, 08:14
I'd ping Winchester for an image....

The guy that fed this to me didn't have the photo that they sent out with the notice that shows day-code locations, for some reason.

Detmongo
08-03-12, 09:41
J,
is the day code the lot # if so guys it's usually on the inside flap of the box.

JSantoro
08-03-12, 10:25
Yeah, I'm trying to get clarification. I don't shoot this caliber or buy a lot of Winchester ammo, so I don't know.

Trying for the image that came forward with the initial notice that specifies what to look for.

captdreifus
11-01-12, 04:18
Just found this thread as I ordered some q4355. My boxes does not have any day stamps on any flap. What gives?

Vic303
11-01-12, 09:23
There's this notice of recall on the NPS website.
http://www.nps.gov/applications/digest/headline.cfm?type=Announcements&id=12525&urlarea=npsnews

But the Winchester website doesn't mention it...

S. Galbraith
11-01-12, 09:27
There's this notice of recall on the NPS website.
http://www.nps.gov/applications/digest/headline.cfm?type=Announcements&id=12525&urlarea=npsnews

But the Winchester website doesn't mention it...

Yep. We got a batch of the stuff a while back and returned it. We went ahead and ordered some Federal HSTs instead.