PDA

View Full Version : What if there is a new ban during my wait period?

jaklcrow
07-30-12, 14:55
Forgive me if this has been asked 1000 times but I couldn't find any threads addressing it.

What exactly would happen if a new rifle ban came about while I am waiting on ATF approval for an SBR/Supressor that I obviously had already purchased?

Brahmzy
07-30-12, 15:55
Depends. I could see it going both ways. Depends what the "ban" was. They could ban whatever on serial numbers manufactured past a certain date. Or they could just ban approvals on said date. Tough to know as we don't know what said "ban(s)" would include.

Hypothetically, they could say no more SBRs for civilian purposes, in which the ATF would stop all approvals currently in progress. They could say no more silencers for all 50 states for civilian use - all approvals currently in progress would stop, or past such and such date. Either way, many people would be "caught" in the middle of a pending approval.

I've got some out right now I'm waiting on. Obviously, the retailers would have to refund your money as you paid for something you cannot legally take posession of.

Noodles
07-30-12, 16:14
Since there has never been a ban on anything NFA I think you're just fine. Relax. Go shooting. Check back in 6 months on your stamp.

rjacobs
07-30-12, 16:32
Since there has never been a ban on anything NFA I think you're just fine. Relax. Go shooting. Check back in 6 months on your stamp.

Thats my thought.

We are the gun registration folks wet dream. Not only do we register the guns, but we(some of us) also give them our picture and fingerprints.

jaklcrow
07-30-12, 16:42
Depends. I could see it going both ways. Depends what the "ban" was. They could ban whatever on serial numbers manufactured past a certain date. Or they could just ban approvals on said date. Tough to know as we don't know what said "ban(s)" would include.

Hypothetically, they could say no more SBRs for civilian purposes, in which the ATF would stop all approvals currently in progress. They could say no more silencers for all 50 states for civilian use - all approvals currently in progress would stop, or past such and such date. Either way, many people would be "caught" in the middle of a pending approval.

I've got some out right now I'm waiting on. Obviously, the retailers would have to refund your money as you paid for something you cannot legally take posession of.

Thats pretty much what I was thinking. I guess its pretty much impossible to really know huh, ha.

But when the Rifle ban like Clinton instituted would make affectively be a NFA ban in regards to rifles.

Thats my thought.

We are the gun registration folks wet dream. Not only do we register the guns, but we(some of us) also give them our picture and fingerprints.

Haha, very true