PDA

View Full Version : UPS / shipping question

jmoore
01-25-08, 20:40
Rec'd my Gunsite GSP back from EGW today. The E-treat coating looks real nice (see attachments). We'll see how it holds up to my acidic sweat.

My question is regarding UPS Next Day Air. I was assuming that they would attempt delivery while I was at work, and leave a note with further instructions. In times past - I would then call UPS to either arrange shipment to my workplace, or have them hold it til I could stop by and pick it up personally.

This time, however, they simply left it on the front porch!!! Is this a change is UPS policy, or a one-time-only FUBAR? (It's damn near impossible to get a local phone number for UPS, otherwise I'd call them.) While it was certainly nice to not have to go to UPS to pick it up - it concerns me that they left $2k worth of pistol sitting out in the open.

Anyone else had a similar situation? (It's been quite a few years since I've sent pistols via UPS, BTW.)

TIA

jm

PS - Sorry about the low-res pics, my dig cam is older than the pistol:)

f.2
01-26-08, 08:33
zzzzz

ToddG
01-26-08, 09:47
Firearms must ship Adult Signature Required. Check to see whether that was marked on your package. Either EGW made a mistake (no harm no foul, imo) or the guy from UPS did.

Trim2L
01-26-08, 12:50
EGW shipped me a gun last Friday and it was delivered exactly the same way; UPS walks up, THROWS the box down, and just walks away (no door bell). If I wasn't waiting for them I would have never known they had made a delivery. Over $60 in shipping. :rolleyes:

http://i27.tinypic.com/wswpkz.jpg

jmoore
01-26-08, 16:55
Firearms must ship Adult Signature Required. Check to see whether that was marked on your package. Either EGW made a mistake (no harm no foul, imo) or the guy from UPS did.

That's what I thought. Checked the box - no sticker or statement about adult signature.

Ya gotta wonder what dollar amount they insure pistols for???? If a neighborhood kid would have walked off with my weapon - I wonder if I would have gotten anywhere near the amount I've put into it???

jm