PDA

View Full Version : m&p how to reduce long reset/overtravel

MP9
07-30-12, 22:03
I have been using my mp9 for idpa/uspsa with the apex hard sear and USB, very light trigger.. but the reset is still long, sometimes I pull the trigger and it doesnt fire because I dont release the trigger enough..
so I was wondering if the apex spring kit or the trigger return spring would help with that or should I send the gun to some expert gunsmith to have this done..

thanks

durus5995
07-30-12, 23:46
Where are you located at? You might want to check out http://www.ateiguns.com/ if you are close. Doug will fine tune the gun to how you like it.

Mauser KAR98K
07-31-12, 08:53
I have been using my mp9 for idpa/uspsa with the apex hard sear and USB, very light trigger.. but the reset is still long, sometimes I pull the trigger and it doesnt fire because I dont release the trigger enough..
so I was wondering if the apex spring kit or the trigger return spring would help with that or should I send the gun to some expert gunsmith to have this done..

thanks

The Apex Spring kit may be the cheaper solution. May. I have the Forward Setting Sear kit for my .45. THAT trigger system is a competition trigger due to the short reset and 1911 trigger weight.

Try a spring kit and see what it does.