PDA

View Full Version : training/instructor recommendation &CCW in Colorado

THCDDM4
07-31-12, 10:02
I am looking for a trainer that comes highly recommended in the Metro area or Wherever in Colorado. The trainer I trusted has passed away and I need to continue my learning as well as get some family members started with training. So someone who can teach basics and advanced- handgun, rifle & shotty.

And also a recommendation for a QUALITY CCW class/instructor in the area. Some of my family members are seeking their CCW's and the instructor I knew/trusted passed away recently.

I know there are a lot of fudds out there and I am hoping to find some quality/qualified instructors.

Thanks for your help/time.

THCDDM4
08-13-12, 15:29
Anyone familiar with Matt Mann from Mann Precision Arms out of Centennial?

I am trying to find a decent CCW instructor for some family members (As the guy I use/trust for training/instruction has passed on) and I keep meeting/finding fudds who I wouldn't trust to instruct my family properly...

Thanks for your time/input.

Flipster
08-13-12, 19:54
Bob Swainson

http://www.rwfirearmstraining.com/

THCDDM4
08-14-12, 17:03
Flipster-
Thanks so much for the recco. I'll check him out and see if he is a good fit.

I appreciate your help Sir.

MAP
08-14-12, 17:09
Bob Swainson

http://www.rwfirearmstraining.com/

I've had an opportunity to shoot with Bob. He is a very knowledgeable instructor. he also has access to a nice range..

Mike

EricTheRed
10-01-13, 20:13
Sorry to dig up an old thread, but this is relevant to my current needs.

To the OP, did you ever find anyone to your liking? I'm in a similar boat right now, need some good training. Unfortunately for me I work weekends, so a lot of the scheduled courses I can find don't work for me. However I have basically every weekday available, and private weekday instruction is preferred anyway.

Bob Swainson looks good, and I have also been in prelim contact with Suresight Firearms Training. Any further info on these two or any others would be appreciated.

As far as what I am looking for I am a ccw'er that shoots 2-4 times a month weather time and ammo permitting. I'd like someone to make sure I have my fundamentals down as far as grip, stance, mechanics, etc, with an eye to improving draw speeds, accuracy, reload speeds, etc. Basically I want to make sure my practice isn't making me worse with a bunch of bad habits and improve my defensive shooting overall.

Thanks

THCDDM4
10-25-13, 11:26
Sorry to dig up an old thread, but this is relevant to my current needs.

To the OP, did you ever find anyone to your liking? I'm in a similar boat right now, need some good training. Unfortunately for me I work weekends, so a lot of the scheduled courses I can find don't work for me. However I have basically every weekday available, and private weekday instruction is preferred anyway.

Bob Swainson looks good, and I have also been in prelim contact with Suresight Firearms Training. Any further info on these two or any others would be appreciated.

As far as what I am looking for I am a ccw'er that shoots 2-4 times a month weather time and ammo permitting. I'd like someone to make sure I have my fundamentals down as far as grip, stance, mechanics, etc, with an eye to improving draw speeds, accuracy, reload speeds, etc. Basically I want to make sure my practice isn't making me worse with a bunch of bad habits and improve my defensive shooting overall.

Thanks

Sorry to take so long in getting back to you. Hadn't seen this until just now and been VERY busy lately.

I did have a single training session with Bob Swainson and he was good to go. I called him up, told him where I was at and where I wanted to be and he took over from there.

He was good at figuring out where I was in my training/skills and moving me forward from there.

I plan on seeing him again and having my wife do some training with him as well.

I would just shoot him a call and discuss your requirements and what he can offer you.

The biggest issue he helped me out with was my draw times/accuracy with my CCW, I was fast and somewhat accurate, but not as accurate with the speed as I needed/wanted to be.

I think he would be a good fit based off of your post above and my own experience/my needs somewhat mirroring yours.

I am proficient, fast and accurate, but not where I really want to be and should be.

I believe with a few more sessions with Mr. Swainson I will be getting to where I want to be.

He has access to a nice range and is a good guy. A bit more expensive than most locals, but he has the experience to back it up and his instruction/communication is good to go IMO.

Good luck with training!

EricTheRed
10-29-13, 04:47
Thank you, I appreciate it. Looks like I'll be giving him a call as soon as financials and ammo supply allow. I'm running dangerously low on 9mm and waiting at the walmart every day at 8am is a non starter- but that's for another thread. You're right that your experience is mirroring mine, so hopefully progress is only a short time away. Thanks again.