PDA

View Full Version : Land of Lincoln wants AWB......

duece71
08-01-12, 06:44
Well, here we go........

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/08/01/13064825-illinois-governor-wants-ban-on-assault-weapons?lite

Does Illinois already have some sort of AW legislation on the books? I was hopeful that there would not be any kind of Knee-Jerk gun laws, I hope that this doesn't go any further.

HeavyDuty
08-01-12, 08:21
No statewide AW regs here, just a few counties and cities.

This won't go anywhere, the asshole gov used an amendatory veto to change a passed bill awaiting signature to this. The legislature will either override the veto or let it die.

The_War_Wagon
08-01-12, 08:25
Good thinking, in light of how well the TOTAL gun ban in Chicago has worked for 30 years! :rolleyes:

lifebreath
08-01-12, 11:04
Quinn's an asshole deluxe. He vetoed, with amendments, a bill that had already passed the house and the senate that allowed shipment of ammo via USPS or private courier purchased from in-state suppliers. (Currently, out-of-state ammo suppliers can ship into the state, but in-state suppliers cannot ship within the state. The bill, as was, would have simply allowed in-state suppliers to better compete with out-of-state suppliers.)

Regarding this already-passed bill, Quinn sent it back via "amendatory veto" adding proposed AWB changes to the IL criminal code, essentially 1) killing the already-passed bill, and 2) getting his name in the news. I doubt if it will go anywhere, but one never knows ...

Moose-Knuckle
08-01-12, 11:34
LOL, **** IL. That place is getting to be worse than CA.

Move out guys.

VooDoo6Actual
08-01-12, 11:39
Wow, unbelievable ass-hatery indeed.

FromMyColdDeadHand
08-01-12, 13:52
What is this pre-abortion post-partum neo-veto double-dog dare you legal process they are talking about? The legislature writes the laws, the executive approves and enforces the law- what is this add in veto thing a jobber?

I lived in Illinois for 20 years and I'd have to say that now I'd take Wisconsin in a heart beat over Illinois. More hunting, fishing, cheese and gun rights- what's not to love. Plus an economy that makes jobs.

Can't we just preemtively send this ass-hat Gov to jail?

jmoore
08-01-12, 16:36
I had no long arms when the original national AWB was in effect, so didn't stay up on all of the details. What is likely to be proposed/attempted in IL???? Sale of new weapons & mags banned? What about possession of existing weapons?

And yes, if there was any way on this planet I could leave the state - I WOULD! OTOH - even if I could leave, I'd still be tied in to the damned retirement system - and in terms of being underfunded - IL is NUMBER 50 on the list of underfunded states:) Gotta love them legislators, don't ya?

john

warpigM-4
08-01-12, 17:07
what gets me here in Alabama down in Tuscaloosa Home to the Crimson tide .
a Guy Shot up a bar with a AK wounded 15 people, Possibly shot a house up in Northport and wounded any few people and No one has even Mentioned any type of weapon Bans.
a few Libtards of course got on the news saying the same old crap But the Law makers Not a word .

a1fabweld
08-01-12, 18:43

Move out guys.

Funny you mention that. As a Californian, I watched that video & thought, "Meh", how long till IL residents are asking us "So how does that bullet button shit work"?

No big news for us. We're like beaten dogs with thick skin at this point. I hope no other state shall be subjected to stupid laws as we have here in the "Golden State".

Moose-Knuckle
08-01-12, 18:55
Funny you mention that. As a Californian, I watched that video & thought, "Meh", how long till IL residents are asking us "So how does that bullet button shit work"?

No big news for us. We're like beaten dogs with thick skin at this point. I hope no other state shall be subjected to stupid laws as we have here in the "Golden State".

I have several friends who have moved out of CA over the last year or two. They were blown away when they got to "free" states and could walk into a gunshop buy an AK or AR, all the hi-caps they could afford, and not have to wait weeks for them. :(:D

loupav
08-02-12, 00:00

Move out guys.

That's saying a lot.

feedramp
08-02-12, 16:09
look at how hard the media tries to intimidate: http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2012/08/01/homeless-man-found-with-weapons-cache-list-of-names-in-sf-golden-gate-park/

The dude had a couple crappy shotguns a pistol and a revolved.
They make it out to be a one-man rambo arsenal but the photo betrays the FUD. :rolleyes:

Moose-Knuckle
08-02-12, 16:45
look at how hard the media tries to intimidate: http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2012/08/01/homeless-man-found-with-weapons-cache-list-of-names-in-sf-golden-gate-park/

The dude had a couple crappy shotguns a pistol and a revolved.
They make it out to be a one-man rambo arsenal but the photo betrays the FUD. :rolleyes:

'San Francisco Police displayed an array of high power weapons and ammunition Wednesday that were found in a homeless man’s car last month in Golden Gate Park.'

:lol:

That wood stock "rifle" looks awfully a lot like a Daisy BB gun.

Kind of reminds me of the journalists guide to firearm recognition:

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a144/AKS-74/journalist_guns_2.jpg