PDA

View Full Version : Hope & Change low receiver

Smuckatelli
08-01-12, 18:00
This is funny......Hope is safe, change is fire....

In Celebration of our dear leader's historic presidency, we are proud to announce the pre-sale of a very limited edition commemorative lower. Crafted from Forged 7075 T6 aluminum, anodized and hardcoated black per mil-spec, these feature a special rollmark and a serial prefix of "YES WE CAN." In addition, the safe and fire positions are labeled "Hope" and "Change". Your paid order reserves one of these special lowers. Lowers are expected to start shipping August 15th.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/firearms/receivers/hope-and-change-lower.html

Wake27
08-01-12, 18:30
Hahaha that is pretty funny.

mallowpufft
08-01-12, 19:03
This amuses me greatly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I847 using Tapatalk 2

SeriousStudent
08-01-12, 20:58
It makes perfect sense. The One has been responsible for more AR's sold than anyone I can think of.

J Krammes
08-01-12, 21:02
Thats funny... They should dedicate it to the best gun salesmen in history. They should also do a Bloomburg version.

Jk

MistWolf
08-01-12, 23:55
Pre-order your "Hope and Change" AR lower from PSA
http://palmettostatearmory.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/n/o/nobo_lower_main.jpg

To be made in commemoration of our current president's historic term.

This has to be the cleverest zombie themed lower I've ever seen!

I like the sense of humor they have at PSA

jaxman7
08-02-12, 00:01
The selector position stampings are hilarious!

-Jax

Grand58742
08-02-12, 00:03
At $120 a piece? No thanks. Hopefully the sitting individual is nothing more than a bad memory come January 2013. I don't want an AR lower to remind me of these four long years.

I'd much rather have preferred the Wounded Warrior lower as suggested on TOS and would have paid that kind of price especially if part of the proceeds went to that foundation. Or the Gadsden they did have in stock. This one? It's too tacky for words.

Just my opinion on the matter.

Warp
08-02-12, 00:06
lol

That's pretty good.

DJ_Skinny
08-02-12, 00:15
At $120 a piece? No thanks. Hopefully the sitting individual is nothing more than a bad memory come January 2013. I don't want an AR lower to remind me of these four long years.

I'd much rather have preferred the Wounded Warrior lower as suggested on TOS and would have paid that kind of price especially if part of the proceeds went to that foundation. Or the Gadsden they did have in stock. This one? It's too tacky for words.

I agree with this entire statement.

interfan
08-02-12, 00:23
It should say "Made in Kenya" or "Forged in Hawaii"

Straight Shooter
08-02-12, 07:46
Its tacky & funny at the same time, imo.
I wouldnt buy it, tho.

HKBanger
08-02-12, 08:16
The selector switch is hilarious but otherwise who wants a comedic lower on their weapon? Very funny though........

Zhurdan
08-02-12, 08:44
It should say "Made in Kenya" or "Forged in Hawaii"

WIN! :D

C4IGrant
08-02-12, 08:51

Never going to happen. WW is anti-gun.

C4

glocktogo
08-02-12, 09:17
Never going to happen. WW is anti-gun.

C4

Uhh, say what? :confused:

C4IGrant
08-02-12, 09:24
Uhh, say what? :confused:

They typically do not want anything to do with firearms in association with their name. They will of course take your money though.

Read first paragrapgh: http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/get-involved/proud-supporter-guidelines.aspx

C4

BillyJack2012
08-02-12, 09:42
They are talking about events, not necessarily their stance on fire arms (which I don't know where they stand)

However, this exists.

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/36_372/products_id/56034

GTifosi
08-02-12, 10:00
If nothing else, it would be a nice match to the 'you lie' receiver they did a while back :)

PA PATRIOT
08-02-12, 10:09
Dumb sales ploy, but I would not object to see something which honors the branch's of the military or are veterans.

JC0352
08-02-12, 10:10
Its tacky & funny at the same time, imo.
I wouldnt buy it, tho.

Agreed. I wouldn't want "comedy" on a tool that I paid good money for.

glocktogo
08-02-12, 10:12
Hmmm...

We've held two shooting matches locally to raise a about $25,000 total for WWP. You're correct, they didn't have any issues accepting out checks. Guns were given and raffled as prizes. Quite a few gun related businesses actively support WWP.

Of course, they were not vey helpful with promoting the events and getting access to promotional materials was a pain. We decided to support the Honored American Veterans Afield project instead, after two years working for WWP. :(

lifebreath
08-02-12, 10:39
Classic.

NCPatrolAR
08-02-12, 11:57
In regards to Wounded Warrior, a year or two ago I contacted WW and asked about my training company becoming a sponsor. I was told that WW wasnt willing to accept my sponsorship because I was involved in the firearms industry. I was further told that I could donate, but could not put any kind of WW logo on my website or advertise the fact that my company contributed money to them.

Obviously I didn't donate anything to them and refuse to purchase anything with their logo on it or attend an event that sends money to them

C4IGrant
08-02-12, 11:59
They are talking about events, not necessarily their stance on fire arms (which I don't know where they stand)

However, this exists.

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/36_372/products_id/56034

Yes, events that involve guns.

C4

Neo Mara
08-02-12, 12:26
Yes, events that involve guns.

C4

How recent is this? I've participated in a WWP range day in the past..

C4IGrant
08-02-12, 12:33

Been that way for awhile. Read the link I posted DIRECTLY from their website.

C4

JSantoro
08-02-12, 13:16

We've been to the same things, I think.....

I don't wanna tell you which event you went to (that'd be rude!), but are you sure that you didn't go to something put on by the Warrior Shoot Event Group, honchoed (well, at least the events are...) by HAL555? You'll see their events sometimes entitled "Wounded Warrior Shoot *insert year here*, so it's easy to presume it's the same folks. It's not; WWP, as an organization, wouldn't touch or help out those events, period.

WSEG has a Facebook group, but no website that I'm aware of.

Wounded Warrior Project lost a lot of money from certain individuals that were giving them donations AS INDIVIDUALS, instead of as "President/CEO of *gun/gun-accessory company name*" once their anti-gun stance came to light.

If one wants gun-friendly charities that are specific to America's injured warfighters and are not scared of a warfighter's tools, check out ones like americansnipers.org and the Special Operations Warrior Foundation....

"Forged in Hawaii..."

Eeeeeexcellent! :D

1fast5gp
08-02-12, 13:31
The selector switch is hilarious but otherwise who wants a comedic lower on their weapon? Very funny though........

+1, I kind of want one for the comedy value, but just can't justify the 120 dollar price tag.. :(

Grand58742
08-02-12, 13:59
They typically do not want anything to do with firearms in association with their name. They will of course take your money though.

Read first paragrapgh: http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/get-involved/proud-supporter-guidelines.aspx

C4

Wow...clicked on the links because it didn't sound right and had to see for myself. What a shocker. It's a noteworthy foundation, but they could be earning so much more by enlisting the help of Pro-2A and other firearms related groups.

Nobody says the world has to make sense. Thanks for the heads up though.

BTL BRN
08-02-12, 14:35
I will have to check closer, but have BCM's advertisments stopped displaying the WWP logo? :confused:

redone13
08-02-12, 14:37
I woulda bought it if it said Love and Peace instead.

tb-av
08-02-12, 14:43
Not only are they anti 2A but this report gives them a D rating without that even being considered....

I would have never guessed that. I have given to Fischer House in the past and glad to see they have a high rating.

http://www.military-money-matters.com/charities-ratings.html

urbanpioneer
08-02-12, 14:46
No thanks, PSA. How about something a lot less divisive? :(

JSantoro
08-02-12, 14:49
Merged. Smuck got here firstest with the mostest....

warpigM-4
08-02-12, 14:57
I love the "NOBO12" on the receiver But I would not spend that money on it .that would be like hanging a picture of my ex-wife next to my current wife on the wall

Neo Mara
08-02-12, 15:42
We've been to the same things, I think.....

I don't wanna tell you which event you went to (that'd be rude!), but are you sure that you didn't go to something put on by the Warrior Shoot Event Group, honchoed (well, at least the events are...) by HAL555? You'll see their events sometimes entitled "Wounded Warrior Shoot *insert year here*, so it's easy to presume it's the same folks. It's not; WWP, as an organization, wouldn't touch or help out those events, period.

WSEG has a Facebook group, but no website that I'm aware of.

Wounded Warrior Project lost a lot of money from certain individuals that were giving them donations AS INDIVIDUALS, instead of as "President/CEO of *gun/gun-accessory company name*" once their anti-gun stance came to light.

If one wants gun-friendly charities that are specific to America's injured warfighters and are not scared of a warfighter's tools, check out ones like americansnipers.org and the Special Operations Warrior Foundation....

"Forged in Hawaii..."

Eeeeeexcellent! :D

The handle doesnt seem familiar but its been a few years. It must have been something similar to what you describe though. That makes sense, thanks.

Duffy
08-02-12, 15:59
I'd prefer a "Shock" (SAFE) and Awe (FIRE) lower :p

kenken
08-02-12, 17:34
Thats funny... They should dedicate it to the best gun salesmen in history. They should also do a Bloomburg version.

Jk

Would the Bloomburg version be a SBR? Maybe just a pistol grip. And you know that he probably has a short mag....:secret:

kenken

interfan
08-02-12, 19:04
Would the Bloomburg version be a SBR? Maybe just a pistol grip. And you know that he probably has a short mag....:secret:

kenken

The Bloomberg version would be the picture below:

badness
08-02-12, 19:10
This is funny......Hope is safe, change is fire....

In Celebration of our dear leader's historic presidency, we are proud to announce the pre-sale of a very limited edition commemorative lower. Crafted from Forged 7075 T6 aluminum, anodized and hardcoated black per mil-spec, these feature a special rollmark and a serial prefix of "YES WE CAN." In addition, the safe and fire positions are labeled "Hope" and "Change". Your paid order reserves one of these special lowers. Lowers are expected to start shipping August 15th.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/firearms/receivers/hope-and-change-lower.html

ROFL. holy shit that's funny. They shoulda used this as the company logo roll mark

http://whitehouse.gov1.info/photos_obama_face/obama-laughing.jpg

EDIT:

Rayrevolver
08-02-12, 19:23
I thought the original Obama lower had "Yes We Can" in the automatic/burst selector position.

Hmm, I didn't this info about WWP...

DeltaSierra
08-03-12, 11:52
This is a cheap, and ridiculous sales attempt on the part of PSA.

I don't have much use for them as a company as it is, and now with this stunt, forget about it.

LHS
08-03-12, 12:01
It's a cheap gag, but think of the downsides. If the mass media gets ahold of this, they could gin up a lot of support for Obama with it. Oh noes, crazy gun nut company makes assault rifle mocking Obama! It's a threat! We do not need that right now.

darr3239
08-03-12, 12:44
They are talking about events, not necessarily their stance on fire arms (which I don't know where they stand)[/URL]

I agree. There are a lot of issues for an organization whose sole purpose is to help out veterans, who have suffered the negative affects of weapons.

Have a feeling their leadership believes in the Second Amendment.

NCPatrolAR
08-03-12, 13:45
Have a feeling their leadership believes in the Second Amendment.

Why be willing to accept funds "under the table" but refuse overt sponsorship?

Todd00000
08-03-12, 14:10
LMAO that is funny.

a0cake
08-03-12, 14:34

The whole Wounded Warrior Program enterprise is extremely irritating - largely staffed by those who have no idea what the word "warrior" means. I'm sure they've helped some people, but they annoyed the bejeesus out of me.

I sustained multiple lower extremity fractures due to an IED in the very first week of a deployment some years ago. After going through Landstuhl in Germany, I was transitioned to a Warrior Transition Unit while I went through treatment and surgery. At every single step in the process, WWP personnel (who were saturating the grounds of the WTU) acted as if, and took for granted, that I WANTED to be either medically discharged or medically retired. On the contrary, my only goal was to heal up and get back for the last few months of that deployment. WTU and WWP fought me every step of the way.

"Do you have PTSD?" No. "Are you SURE you don't have PTSD?" Yes. "Do you REALLY want to go back to your unit?" Yes. "Well I'm not sure that will be possible." They WANT you to have all sorts of problems so that they can justify their existence.

Why the **** shouldn't I be fine and be able to rejoin my unit? At every step in the process, you're told "welcome home." No. Home is the shit-hole country where my unit is. Not here. "We're here to help you transition from combat to a civilian life." I'm sorry, but you're not a doctor, it's not your prerogative to assume that my career is over, and I don't want to make such a transition and I sure as **** don't want you telling me that I ought to. Instead of allowing me to schedule doctor's appointments and get treatments for my injuries at the earliest available opportunities, they forced me (and EVERYONE that passes through) to sit through pointless, mind-numbing mental health garbage. Why not make it available to those who want / need it and spare the rest of us? This wasn't a simple screening that everyone should go through, it was a forced program, and constructed as if those going through it DID need it, not as if they might.

Eventually, I did heal up, and did make it back to my unit for the last 4 months of the deployment. I was told by the 1SG at the WTU that I was the only person he'd seen make it back to their deployed unit after sustaining any kind of physical injury that required a stay the WTU. There were plenty of others that could have done the same, but they were sucked into the WWP/WTU system. If the WWP and WTU had their way, I would have become a civilian YEARS before I wanted to for no good reason.

Again, although I'm sure they've helped those who've needed it, I must say that as for myself - screw the WWP.

darr3239
08-03-12, 14:35

Can't answer that one. Why doesn't Consumer Reports accept advertising? Maybe they don't want to play the company marketing game with getting Vets the care they need.

Sorry about your experience a0cake. I have none with WWP. Obviously no organization is perfect, but the more comments like these are heard by WWP, the more likely they would change their policies or correct behavior. Did you communicate your concerns to the leadership? Sometimes we have to take the time to write a long letter, to the right people, to get some attention.

MidwayHazard59er
08-03-12, 16:17
I am not in the market for one, but this is what America is all about to me. Anyone who says they wouldn't want comedy on their AR/M4 obviously doesn't have combat's number 1 survival skill in them: Humor in the face of overwhelming horror. Must be a lot of people who've shot, but never been shot back at around this joint.

JC0352
08-03-12, 16:45
Anyone who says they wouldn't want comedy on their AR/M4 obviously doesn't have combat's number 1 survival skill in them: Humor in the face of overwhelming horror. Must be a lot of people who've shot, but never been shot back at around this joint.

You couldn't be more wrong...

While that lower is funny, I see it catering more to the folks that wear multicam to the grocery store. I don't need some obnoxious, political roll marks on a rifle that is already constantly attacked by the gun control crowd.

NCPatrolAR
08-03-12, 17:21
Maybe they don't want to play the company marketing game with getting Vets the care they need.

If that were the case then why have a sponsorship program in the first place?

MidwayHazard59er
08-03-12, 17:25
I posted that comm on behalf of someone who's seen more up close and personal combat than most, so ok; To each his own.

Here's another: It's a business, so the bandwagon mentality is a must to drive profit. I do find it funny that all these experts have a "my way or the highway" attitude, as if other men haven't gone into harms way much deeper than they have, and do not agree with a lot of what they say. "Only multi-cam weekend warriors could possibly disagree with us" seems to be the attitude De Jure; It's you, my-friend, that couldn't be more wrong, it's just those men don't go all over the internet telling folks what's right and what's wrong. They know the Beast, and they could not be bothered to talk about it most of the time. It's the guys who haven't really been there--sure maybe they've seen combat, but to what end; A few pot shots; An IED; that's nothing compared to 50 feet and closer and all night long--who spend all their time worrying about this stuff. The rest of us had our fill, and prefer to deal with other aspects of life unless we have to. Spend all our time worrying about who's right, wrong, and what's the best equipment? No thanks! We've had our fill of that and prefer to stay away from it if at all possible. I just hope others out there don't think these guys are the end all be all, because they're far from it.

glocktogo
08-04-12, 00:18
I posted that comm on behalf of someone who's seen more up close and personal combat than most, so ok; To each his own.

Here's another: It's a business, so the bandwagon mentality is a must to drive profit. I do find it funny that all these experts have a "my way or the highway" attitude, as if other men haven't gone into harms way much deeper than they have, and do not agree with a lot of what they say. "Only multi-cam weekend warriors could possibly disagree with us" seems to be the attitude De Jure; It's you, my-friend, that couldn't be more wrong, it's just those men don't go all over the internet telling folks what's right and what's wrong. They know the Beast, and they could not be bothered to talk about it most of the time. It's the guys who haven't really been there--sure maybe they've seen combat, but to what end; A few pot shots; An IED; that's nothing compared to 50 feet and closer and all night long--who spend all their time worrying about this stuff. The rest of us had our fill, and prefer to deal with other aspects of life unless we have to. Spend all our time worrying about who's right, wrong, and what's the best equipment? No thanks! We've had our fill of that and prefer to stay away from it if at all possible. I just hope others out there don't think these guys are the end all be all, because they're far from it.

I guess things can get pretty rough in Azeroth huh? Perhaps you can regale us with your tales of quest & raids if we promise to be on our best behavior? :rolleyes:

SeriousStudent
08-04-12, 00:29
Thanks to all who posted the information about the Wounded Warrior Project. It saddens me a great deal, as I have sent them checks for years. I do not think I can do that anymore.

I just wanted to send the cash to somebody that would help a simple knuckle-dragging grunt, like I was. :(

JC0352
08-04-12, 00:35
PM sent

kenken
08-04-12, 08:15

I agree 100% brother.

NCPatrolAR
08-04-12, 09:53
We can stop the preaching about who has/has not seen more combat and how their views have more/less weight when it comes to roll marks on a lower receiver

munch520
08-04-12, 10:19
This is a cheap, and ridiculous sales attempt on the part of PSA.

I don't have much use for them as a company as it is, and now with this stunt, forget about it.

oh we all know you hate em.

I chuckled...but would never buy one. Especially since any other lower I've bought from them has been $49.

jesuvuah
08-04-12, 11:01
Sure, it is a sale ploy, that is what companies do. They are in business to make money after all.

Would I buy one, no. But I will admit it is funny.

fixit69
08-04-12, 11:39
Guys it is a business. And I laughed. Sorry I own my own business and I kind of get where they are coming from. But I would not have done it and will not buy it.

On the other topic brought to light here, I am a little appalled that an organization would take monies under the table but not give an ok to the company or individual because of where or what the are affiliated with.

AOcake, sorry while you were trying to recover, these a-holes are brainwashing you to go home. It's hard to do what you guys do, even harder with that chatter. I relly didn't know where the stood. Thanks for enlightening me.

far9mm
08-04-12, 16:11
cool lower,i wonder if it will be collectable?

J Krammes
08-04-12, 17:33
cool lower,i wonder if it will be collectable?

Or collected if Barry wins again...

gsxr-fan
08-04-12, 17:58
If PSA made lowers honoring our 40th President Ronald Reagan, I'd buy several!

As for the current special, not so much!

justin_247
08-05-12, 02:05
The only useful thing in this entire thread is the discussion concerning WWP (yes, they're a massive scam - never donate to them!).

The lower is retarded and appeals to those of limited intellect.

LPMan59
08-05-12, 07:37
The only useful thing in this entire thread is the discussion concerning WWP (yes, they're a massive scam - never donate to them!).

The lower is retarded and appeals to those of limited intellect.

lol

i found it mildly amusing. I wouldn't mind them making an entire series mocking other antigun libtards... the Sarah Brady Prositute lower? lol, count me in.

Retarded? nah. At least not anymore than putting a zombie, biohazard or pirate on a lower....and i dont see a lot of butthurt about those.

and to those who want a Ronald Reagan lower? Seriously? lmfao Because RR was such a friend to the gun community.

Some of you guys kill me.

Gunfighter 9
08-05-12, 07:49
I understand this is intended as a joke. However, I find nothing about Dear Leader to be humorous in anyway. Some things just aren't funny and he is one of those things. IMO.

Guns-up.50
08-05-12, 08:31
I wonder what the matching upper would look like?

GTifosi
08-05-12, 13:16
Black :jester:

Reagans Rascals
08-05-12, 15:11
The LEO/MIL version....

http://i1058.photobucket.com/albums/t403/jwmassaro/nobo_lower_main.jpg

Guns-up.50
08-05-12, 17:25
so if I buy the lower will the tax payers have to buy me the upper??;)

and then feed it for me

Guns-up.50
08-05-12, 17:35
I guess things can get pretty rough in Azeroth huh? Perhaps you can regale us with your tales of quest & raids if we promise to be on our best behavior? :rolleyes:

I dont know you, but I like you:jester:

The_War_Wagon
08-05-12, 18:09
Just sent the link to some libtard college acquaintances - challenged them to build their OWN "2nd Amendment defender" with it. Can't WAIT to hear their reaction! :p

maddawg5777
08-05-12, 18:13

HAHA wow humor on this board, thought id never see it! As to the comment on on multicams, guess i cant wear mine anymore when im running around on weekends or my old rockies combat boots when im working if i want respect:rolleyes:

The wwp has been a scam for quite awhile. Unfortunatley guys in my unit wouldnt listen and raised up some good cash for a unit event and gave it to em....eh some peeps will never listen.

glocktogo
08-05-12, 19:23
I dont know you, but I like you:jester:

HAHA wow humor on this board, thought id never see it! As to the comment on on multicams, guess i cant wear mine anymore when im running around on weekends or my old rockies combat boots when im working if i want respect:rolleyes:

I'd like to thank The Academy, and The Big Bang Theory... :D

goodoleboy
08-05-12, 19:55
I don't know who designed that receiver, but he/she deserves a medal!

feedramp
08-05-12, 21:49
"Forged in Hawaii" would really complete that nicely. I'd never own one, but I appreciate the humor.

feedramp
08-05-12, 21:54

JC0352
08-06-12, 08:15
I had no idea about the realities of WWP before... What a shame. They never mentioned it, but I'll have to ask some of my old platoon mates if they had similar run-ins with those yahoos after getting wounded.

TSully
11-15-12, 20:06
Yes, my family has been sending the WWP money for quite some time now. What a let down, I was told they were an honorable charity. Seems that is hard to find these days. I believe our relationship has reached an end.