PDA

View Full Version : Best place to buy mil-spec kits

Pinglett28
08-02-12, 07:43
Was wondering what the best place to buy mil-spec rifle kits, stripped lowers and other mil-spec parts for decent price. Not particularly a fan of paying excise tax for a complete AR would rather build it myself

amd5007
08-02-12, 07:58
Was wondering what the best place to buy mil-spec rifle kits, stripped lowers and other mil-spec parts for decent price. Not particularly a fan of paying excise tax for a complete AR would rather build it myself

Good places to buy from are G&R tactical, Bravo Company USA, Palmetto State Armory, Rainier arms, and Brownells.

This is how I built my rifles:

First, find a lower from a manufacturer (the two I like are the McKay lowers sold by Nodak spud and Palmetto State Armory lowers).

Second, transfer the lower through an FFL and purchase a lower parts kit (CMT/Stag, Daniel Defense, and G&R all make excellent LPKs)

Third, choose the upper you need. Either purchase one already assembled (made by BCM, DD, LMT) or spec out the parts and build it yourself.

Fourth, buy ammo and sped quality time getting to know your rifle.

davidjinks
08-02-12, 07:59
There's a sticky thread in this forum:

http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=100661

That would be a good start as well as using the search feature that is here.

bananaman
08-02-12, 08:11
Been wanting to buy a few LPK with ALG ACTs from G&R, they seem to be out of stock for quite a while.

Grant, any idea when they will be available again? Thanks.

C4IGrant
08-02-12, 08:59

Hmmm, Mil-Spec. So you just want parts that fit together?? If so, most any company out there will work for you.

Now if you want parts from the company that holds the TDP, you will need to buy Colt.

With that said, companies like DD, KAC, BCM, Noveske, etc put out high quality parts.

C4

C4IGrant
08-02-12, 09:00
Been wanting to buy a few LPK with ALG ACTs from G&R, they seem to be out of stock for quite a while.

Grant, any idea when they will be available again? Thanks.

8/10/12 is the goal.

C4