PDA

View Full Version : Magpul MOE fixed rifle stock?

mastiffhound
08-02-12, 17:46
I have been waiting for the release of this stock http://store.magpul.com/product/MAG404/181 for some time now. On your website it says coming summer 2012? Is there a definative date being that it is now august? I'm really looking forward to this stock and I can't wait to pick one up!

Armadillo
08-12-12, 16:42
The magpul site now says:

Coming Fall of 2012.

I really want this stock!

Armadillo
09-25-12, 23:11
Getting closer...

Magpul has actual pictures up now...

http://store.magpul.com/product/MAG404/181

They must be in production now.

SPQR476
09-26-12, 00:12
They started shipping last Friday. Black is on the way to dealers and distributors. All colors shipping
In October.

sw1911
10-06-12, 10:54
yup, i've seen them on multiple websites now. i just might have to pick one up myself!

Amicus
10-30-12, 14:52
Just received mine. Some stats:

13.95 oz (without screw or cup)
Length at heel of stock: 10 3/8ths inches
Length at toe of stock: ~10 inches

Good feel. Stock geometry forces the stock upward on the shoulder, a good thing for most folks.

My only miff: Lack of an included QD cup. I might be less peeved if the advertising copy were better and clearer on this subject, if the original drawing version of this did not give the impression that the cup was inserted on the right side, and if my telephone call to Magpul in July did not indicate that a cup was provided and that additional cups (if desired) would be the UBR type. My recent call to Magpul about this was only somewhat fruitful, and some of the suggested retailers for the cups do not yet list the "Sling Mount Kit-Type 1" as being available (Brownells-yes, but after several searches; Midway-No).

ETA:

I realize that this gripe might result from people complaining about paying for the QD cup on the CTR stocks when they said they didn't need them. But, I am now in the position of paying $90 for the stock I thought I was getting at $70. (I did call to check, and received bad info.) Or, to put it another way, I have to pay about 29% more to get my expectation. I challenge anyone not to be a bit ticked at that.

I will try out the stock in the coming week, to see if if works out. I have a few misgivings about some aspects of the geometry. Most people who want a quick shouldering stock pad do not want a stock heel that protrudes. Also, I have become pretty used to A1 stock lengths and may be less interested in anything longer. Time will tell.

Will_Power
11-04-12, 21:32
I've got an A2 stock kit on order, but am curious about this stock from Magpul. Any of you industry types have some thoughts? Is it better built and providing better ergos than the A2?

Armadillo
11-04-12, 21:53
I've got an A2 stock kit on order, but am curious about this stock from Magpul. Any of you industry types have some thoughts? Is it better built and providing better ergos than the A2?

I love mine. It is built like a tank!
I did order the QD mounts.
Don't have much experience with an A2 so I can't comment on that.
For people in ban states, this surely will be a big hit.
Not to mention that it looks very cool as well.