PDA

View Full Version : Victory Tactical Gear's Immediate Response Carrier system

Koshinn
08-02-12, 22:50
Has anyone used this? The price is good (less than 400 for a PC with two level iv plates).

http://www.victorytacticalgear.com/store/magento/index.php/armor-sets/immediate-response-carrier-system.html

Boy Scout
09-06-12, 11:12
Just ran across this system myself and am interested as well. It looks to fit the bill of what I'm looking for in a warrant/active shooter rig.

trinydex
09-06-12, 12:17
why wouldn't people buy this just for the two plates?

Cat
09-06-12, 14:45
Yes, this is interesting.

Slvr Surfr
09-11-12, 05:20
I bought one for work. The carrier is made by Specter Gear and the plates actually come from VTG. The guys at VTG are great to deal with. Unfortunately, due to high demand for the plates the wait times may be a little long. VTG makes the plates in house. The company is founded by retired and still active police, so I had no problem supporting this company.

The quality of the carrier and plates are high, just keep in mind this setup offers basically zero side protection. The system was designed to be donned off and on quickly for patrol officers who needed the lvl 4 protection that the basic concealed armor doesn't provide.

I purchased the plates anticipating the future purchase of a SKD Pig carrier. The plates work perfectly in the Pig as well.

I hope that helps.

Koshinn
09-11-12, 08:52
Have you actually tried the plates in a PIG?

Cause the plates themselves are only about $160 each, so you can save $80 if you plan on getting a PIG anyway.

Any problems with the carrier by Specter Gear? Have you worn it for long periods? What other carriers do you own or have worn for long periods that you can compare it with?

Thanks!

ra2bach
09-11-12, 08:55
does anyone know if the carrier has molle or is it slick?

having that picture in any color but black would be more useful... :(

ETA: ah, never mind, just read the description and it states three rows of molle.

as mentioned above, this would be a great price for just the plates alone. with a Ten-speed 3 mag pouch and a war belt, this would make a nice training rig...

Koshinn
09-11-12, 13:59
does anyone know if the carrier has molle or is it slick?

having that picture in any color but black would be more useful... :(

ETA: ah, never mind, just read the description and it states three rows of molle.

as mentioned above, this would be a great price for just the plates alone. with a Ten-speed 3 mag pouch and a war belt, this would make a nice training rig...

That's exactly what I'm thinking. I just wish there were some reviews of it so I know VTG is good to go.

Boy Scout
09-11-12, 14:00

That's what I've been thinking as well, and maybe modding it to accept a chest rig via fastex buckles for a heavier loadout...

ra2bach
09-12-12, 00:14
That's what I've been thinking as well, and maybe modding it to accept a chest rig via fastex buckles for a heavier loadout...

I don't like to double up on my depth if I can help it. if I wanted to carry more than three rows of molle, I'd be looking at the cummerbund. as long as they clear the mags below, I wouldn't mind putting a pistol or utility pouch above. something to carry essentials to the line...

Luckystiff
09-12-12, 01:39
I participated in an LE demo they did over a year ago. Their plates are great. Stopped a 7.62 NATO out of an M14 cold a ½ inch off of the top edge of the plate. I shot 9 rounds out of an M4 putting all the rounds into a baseball sized area. I was trying to spread the rounds out but the ACOG made it too easy to just stack them on top of each other. Only one round made it through. Their plates were light and could catch a hell of a lot of lead. The plates actually turned the rounds flight path away from the center line of the body inside of the plate. I had never seen anything like that before. I was very impressed. Specter Gear is a local company that I remember buying kit from way back in the 90’s at local gun shows. They have come a long way and make good-to-go product in my book. My department issues some of their gear and we have not had a single unit fail in any way. I would buy with confidence from either of these companies from my first hand experiences.

Koshinn
09-12-12, 08:54
I participated in an LE demo they did over a year ago. Their plates are great. Stopped a 7.62 NATO out of an M14 cold a ½ inch off of the top edge of the plate. I shot 9 rounds out of an M4 putting all the rounds into a baseball sized area. I was trying to spread the rounds out but the ACOG made it too easy to just stack them on top of each other. Only one round made it through. Their plates were light and could catch a hell of a lot of lead. The plates actually turned the rounds flight path away from the center line of the body inside of the plate. I had never seen anything like that before. I was very impressed. Specter Gear is a local company that I remember buying kit from way back in the 90’s at local gun shows. They have come a long way and make good-to-go product in my book. My department issues some of their gear and we have not had a single unit fail in any way. I would buy with confidence from either of these companies from my first hand experiences.

Which plate did you test, the III or IV? The III that VTG makes is super light, but is 2x the price of their IV.

Boy Scout
09-12-12, 14:01
Which plate did you test, the III or IV? The III that VTG makes is super light, but is 2x the price of their IV.

My question too Koshinn. Being new to rifle plates, it seems that the Level IV plates that come with the carrier system are heavier than comparable Level IV plates from other manufacturers, which I would assume to be part of the reason why their price point is so low. Does that seem to be the case?

captdreifus
09-12-12, 15:25
I am too interested to know if these plates will fit in a PIG or Banshee carrier. Anyone know?

Luckystiff
09-26-12, 00:54
My question too Koshinn. Being new to rifle plates, it seems that the Level IV plates that come with the carrier system are heavier than comparable Level IV plates from other manufacturers, which I would assume to be part of the reason why their price point is so low. Does that seem to be the case?

Wish I could remember. We tested both but I do not recall which one I shot with the M4 and a CA F&G agent shot with the M14. It was the same plate. What I remember is that I was impressed.