PDA

View Full Version : You are not worthy enough to own one, but he is.

SW-Shooter
08-02-12, 23:31
F*cking hypocrites.

Long time Anti-Gun Advocate State Senator R.C. Soles, 74, shot one of two intruders at his home just outside Tabor City , N.C. about 5 p.m. Sunday, the prosecutor for the politician’s home county said.

http://beforeitsnews.com/alternative/2012/07/anti-gun-senator-shoots-intruder-2-2433594.html

Denali
08-02-12, 23:56
It has prompted some to ask if the Senator believes his life and personal safety is more valuable than yours or mine

Well what the hell do you think he, and all of his comrades believe? They passed Obamacare into law, but first they "ahh" exempted themselves, and their families from it!

GeorgiaBoy
08-03-12, 00:03
Not a single mention of this story on many major (or minor) news network.

Hmac
08-03-12, 00:47

No surprise there, not to mention the fact that the peccadillos of state-level political hacks is pretty small potatoes.

Moose-Knuckle
08-03-12, 02:19

Yeap, as with all news stories that show gun ownership in a postive light they get blacked out. They don't help the anti 2nd agenda.

ryr8828
08-03-12, 04:01

That's because it happened in 2009. There was much talk of it on the internet then.

lifebreath
08-03-12, 10:05
An interesting aspect of this incident is that Soles pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor assault charge to avoid a felony charge. He apparently was not well-versed in when the use of deadly force is justified in his state.

The would-be assailants were attempting to kick through Sole's front door when Soles stepped outside and took the shot. A few years back, I would have thought that action would constitute justification for use of deadly force. However, after receiving good firearms training from LE instructors in Illinois that included a lot of discussion about case law and deadly force, I now realize I would be on very shaky ground, unless other factors were present.

It points out the lack of knowledge that many gun owners have about when use of deadly force is warranted.

feedramp
08-03-12, 12:43
Meanwhile, clearly the true threat to all our chid-rens and baby mamas is tractors http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2182958/Farmer-takes-revenge-drug-arrest-driving-tractor-seven-police-cars.html
We cannot allow such weapons in the hands of civilians.

PrivateCitizen
08-03-12, 13:03
Not really a surprise … but it still pisses me off.